Navjot Singh Sidhu against double meaning jokes
Mumbai: Former Indian cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu, who will soon be seen in a comedy show on television, says he will do shows meant for the entire family as he does not promote double meaning jokes.
"For me the definition of comedy is to make people laugh. I won`t back or be part of something that is derogatory in nature or not meant for family audience," Siddhu said.
After an eventful ouster from `Bigg Boss` last year due to his political commitments, Sidhu has now bagged a new show - `Comedy Nights with Kapil`.
The show, to be aired from June 22, will see Sidhu engaging in a funny banter with comedian Kapil Sharma.
"Comedy shows are stress busters. It`s good to have a show to make people laugh. Today people are busy in their lives, they look for a dose of entertainment," he said.
"I am against all this (double meaning jokes). It is a family show," he said.
Sidhu insists that the format of this show is quite different. "It is about a weird, bizarre family. This is something I have not seen or done," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- 'Bigg Boss 10' promo out, Salman Khan turns astronaut for reality show!- WATCH
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- We need more disabled people working in TV: RJ Mitte
- ‘Bigg Boss 10’ promo: Will Salman Khan be seen in it? Scoop inside