Navjot Singh Sidhu against double meaning jokes
Mumbai: Former Indian cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu, who will soon be seen in a comedy show on television, says he will do shows meant for the entire family as he does not promote double meaning jokes.
"For me the definition of comedy is to make people laugh. I won`t back or be part of something that is derogatory in nature or not meant for family audience," Siddhu said.
After an eventful ouster from `Bigg Boss` last year due to his political commitments, Sidhu has now bagged a new show - `Comedy Nights with Kapil`.
The show, to be aired from June 22, will see Sidhu engaging in a funny banter with comedian Kapil Sharma.
"Comedy shows are stress busters. It`s good to have a show to make people laugh. Today people are busy in their lives, they look for a dose of entertainment," he said.
"I am against all this (double meaning jokes). It is a family show," he said.
Sidhu insists that the format of this show is quite different. "It is about a weird, bizarre family. This is something I have not seen or done," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Court order narrows pop icon Prince's potential heirs to six
- Supreme Court directs actor Rajpal Yadav to undergo 6-day jail term
- The wedding trailer of Divyanka Tripathi-Vivek Dahiya is beautiful in all possible ways- WATCH magic taking over!
- Post her lip-kiss spree with Ranveer Singh in 'Befikre' THIS is what Vaani Kapoor has to say about kissing- READ
- Arjun Rampal cannot get enough of Sidharth Malhotra-Katrina Kaif's 'Kala Chashma'
- When ‘Unindian’ Brett Lee met Kapil Sharma - See pics
- My green eyes got me '24' role: Sumit Kaul
- Indian TV actress Sara Khan gears up for a show in Pakistan!
- Watch: Benedict Cumberbatch's 'Sherlock: Series 4' teaser will leave you on the edge!
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 630—Pragya still loves Abhi, tries to win him back!