Never knew mimicry will become my profession: Raju Srivastava
Mumbai: Raju Srivastava, who is known for his rib-tickling comic acts and mimicry, remembers the time when he started mimicking megastar Amitabh Bachchan. Raju says he didn`t know that one day this would turn into his profession.
"There was such a big impression of Amitabh Bachchan on me that I started imitating his voice. I did not know that this would one day turn into a profession for me and I`ll be known for it. So I used to do it for fun," Srivastava said in an interview.
"During Holi, I used to sing `Rang barse`. At that time, no one used to mimic Amitabh... it was either Dilip Kumar or Dev Anand or Shatrughan Sinha or Om Prakash. That`s why Amitabh`s mimicry used to sound fresh to people, and that is why I was called for stage shows frequently," he added.
No wonder whenever Big B praises him, Srivastava doesn`t feel it any less than an award.
Big B, he said, once told him: "I see you on television doing it and feel really happy. How do you do it? You remember all this? When I come after a hard day`s work, I search for you on television and if I find you I keep the remote down and watch all your acts with family. All your creations are nice and the mood gets refreshed."
Srivastava has also done a lot of shows in foreign countries, but he got his big break with the comedy talent show "The Great Indian Laughter Challenge". His imaginary characters Gajodhar and Manodhar are loved by one and all.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amul's 'Fawad Thinking' ad on MNS ban is what you MUST SEE this morning!
- Justin Theroux reveals secret to his happy marriage with Jennifer Aniston
- Navratri Special: Send Goddess Durga's blessings to your loved ones with these TOP 10 WhatsApp messages!
- Zayn Malik shares the reason for quitting One Direction
- Chris Hemsworth supports child abuse charity campaign
- Shooting for Anil Kapoor starrer '24' Season 2 wrapped up!
- There's leg pulling, no insulting on 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Krushna Abhishek
- Zindagi channel set to launch new primetime shows starting October 3! Details inside
- After no 'Pakistani TV shows', Zindagi rebrands itself with local dramas
- Pearl V Puri joins 'Nagarjun - Ek Yoddha'