New TV series to expose James Bond creator Ian Fleming as serial womaniser
London: James Bond creator Ian Fleming’s image is set to be shaken and stirred by a 4-million-pound TV drama, which will expose the dark side of the bestselling author’s glamorous lifestyle.
‘The Man Who Would Be Bond’ will show how the novelist turned his wartime experiences working for Naval Intelligence into one of the most lucrative literary franchises ever produced.
But it will also reveal details of his X-rated sex life, which led to him being thrown out of the prestigious military academy Sandhurst after he contracted the STD - gonorrhea, the Daily Mail reported.
Actor Dominic Cooper will play Fleming in the four-part series, which begins filming next week and will air on Sky Atlantic in the autumn.
The drama will also feature the author’s own collection of “Bond girls”, above all his socialite wife Ann Charteris, who will be played by Lara Pulver.
It will draw on the couple’s sexually explicit letters to each other, in which they discussed their obsession with kinky behaviour such as flagellation.
Both Fleming and his wife had countless affairs with other people.
“It tells the story of how Fleming desperately wanted to be someone he couldn’t be, so he created the person he wanted to be on the page and that person was James Bond,” an executive involved with the production said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Hrithik Roshan to launch his own workout regime
- Rani Mukerji to make comeback with women centric film 'Hichki'
- Koffee With Karan: Check out Kapil Sharma's interesting advice to Twitterati
- Hugh Jackman breaks 'Wolverine Fast' on Jimmy Fallon's show
- Anupam Kher wraps shooting for 'The Indian Detective' in Cape Town
- Rishi Kapoor wants 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' back on air
- Sasural Simar Ka: Dipika Kakar out, Keerti Gaekwad Kelkar in