Nicki Minaj storms off American Idol set
Los Angeles: The already tense relationship between judges Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj went even further south on the sets of the American Idol recently with the rapper storming out of an audition session.
As American Idol`s talent search headed to Charlotte, North Carolina on Wednesday, things got heated up and production had to shut down for a bit, reported People magazine.
A speedway full of aspiring singers were left sitting idle after disagreements over the judges` varying styles of critique, particularly of 20-year-old Summer Cunningham, caused friction.
"Why are we picking her apart?" Minaj asked after Carey questioned whether the contestant`s voice was best-suited for country music.
"Really? Is that what I did? We`re trying to help her as opposed to just talk about her outfit," responded Carey.
That retort caused Minaj to throw a fit. "Oh, you`re right. I`m sorry I can`t help her. Maybe I should just get off the panel," she said before walking off the set.
As Minaj left, Carey said, "I was going to do that the next time she ragged on me."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 9: Keith Sequeira back in house, Varun-Kriti set ‘BB’ stage on fire!
- Indian Telly Awards 2015: Karan Patel, Kapil Sharma winners
- See pic: Look whose joining Salman Khan on Bigg Boss tonight!
- Bigg Boss 9: Rimi Sen does not choose to leave house, Priya Malik wins immunity and captainship!
- Bigg Boss, Day 47: Survival fight continues, inmates stumped by surprise exit!