Nicole Scherzinger demands 1M pay rise to remain on `The X Factor`
London: Nicole Scherzinger has reportedly demanded a whopping 1 million dollar pay rise to stay on as a judge on `The X Factor`.
The 34-year-old singer was furious when she heard that Simon Cowell had offered 2 million dollars to Sharon Osbourne to return to the ITV show in a bid to boost ratings, the Daily Star reported.
Cowell will apparently be giving in to the star`s demand as he is desperate to land his dream judging line-up.
But, now the TV producer will have to face a combined wage bill of 6.5million to get his four target judges to sign up before the deadline next week.
Though Cowell thinks that the price he will have to pay are worth it to secure the programme`s future as a prime-time show.
The insider said that the `Pussycat Dolls` member has Simon over a barrel as he has made it clear that his dream judging panel is Nicole, Sharon, Louis Walsh and Gary Barlow.
The source asserted that the `Boomerang` hit maker feels she is in a greategotiating position because she was by far the most popular judge last year and Cowell should be rewarding her for that.
Cowell is all set to make a final plea to Nicole, who is dating F1 racer Lewis Hamilton, to sign up by agreeing to her pay demands and promising to promote her new album during the show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raees' promotion by train: Huge crowd erupts at Vadodara to see Shah Rukh Khan; 1 reported dead in lathicharge
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: THIS international superstar made the comedian say 'Oh My God'
- Priyanka Chopra gears up for ‘Live with Kelly’
- Koffee With Karan: Tiger Shroff opens up about his crush; Jackie Shroff talks about the leading lady of his times
- When Sunny Leone played mother to Salman Khan – Shah Rukh Khan!
- Nepal's Teriya Magar wins 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa', says 'dance is my true love'