No same-sex on TV for Portia de Rossi
New York: A representative for Ellen DeGeneres` wife Portia de Rossi has confirmed that she has turned down hit ABC show’s `Dancing with the Stars` offer to become half of the series` first lesbian dancing couple in season 12.
"If Portia had agreed then it would have been a done deal," the New York Daily News quoted sources as telling popeater.com.
But with Rossi sitting this one out, the show`s producers told the gossip website they aren`t hustling to find another same-sex couple to join the show.
"She was the only star that could have pulled this off without completely offending the program``s conservative viewers," the source added.
ABC approached de Rossi after an Israeli version of the popular dancing show added a lesbian couple to their lineup.
But the show`s producers reportedly don`t want to "rush into creating a same-sex dancing couple just to get attention and publicity.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' out
- Police file charge sheet against `Peepli-Live` co-director Mahmood Farooqui in rape case
- TV star Pearl V Puri wants to pay tribute to RD Burman
- Watch: John, Anil in `funny wedding` song from` Welcome Back`
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri