Oprah Winfrey`s shares first audition tape
Los Angeles: Talk show host Oprah Winfrey has unearthed her first ever audition tape and it seems that she wasn’t always the polished TV star, she is today.
The billionaire media mogul shares a tape from 1983 when she was just a young TV personality trying to her career to next level. After hearing that a Chicago-based morning show needed a new host, Winfrey stayed up all night with an editor to put together an audition tape, reports showbizspy.com.
The 60-year-old got the gig and within few months channel AM Chicago trumped 'The Phil Donahue Show' presented by TV host Phil Donahue to become the highest rating talk show in Chicago.
By 1986, the show was renamed 'The Oprah Winfrey Show', which was broadcast nationally, again shooting to the top of the ratings.
“In a field dominated by white males, she is a black female of ample bulk. As interviewers go, she is no match for, say, Phil Donahue... What she lacks in journalistic toughness, she makes up for in plain-spoken curiosity, robust humour and, above all empathy," said TIME magazine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Logan' TRAILER alert! Wolverine is back and how—Watch here
- Rati Agnihotri, businessman husband booked in Rs 47 lakh electricity theft case
- Sushmita Sen’s ‘I had promised the 14 year old #me’ VIDEO will inspire you to discipline your body
- Bollywood singer Mika Singh attends Donald Trump's pre-inauguration dinner! Watch video
- Jallikattu row: Rajinikanth joins massive protest supporting traditional bull sport
- Priyanka Chopra to appear on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ again – WATCH teaser
- Deepika Padukone teaches James Corden the Lungi dance – WATCH super fun video
- Deepika Padukone makes black look the best colour as she steps out for 'The Late Late Show' by James Corden!
- 5 Doordarshan shows from 90s we would like to see make a comeback
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa – Vikrant Singh Rajpoot have been paid to get married?