Oprah Winfrey`s shares first audition tape
Los Angeles: Talk show host Oprah Winfrey has unearthed her first ever audition tape and it seems that she wasn’t always the polished TV star, she is today.
The billionaire media mogul shares a tape from 1983 when she was just a young TV personality trying to her career to next level. After hearing that a Chicago-based morning show needed a new host, Winfrey stayed up all night with an editor to put together an audition tape, reports showbizspy.com.
The 60-year-old got the gig and within few months channel AM Chicago trumped 'The Phil Donahue Show' presented by TV host Phil Donahue to become the highest rating talk show in Chicago.
By 1986, the show was renamed 'The Oprah Winfrey Show', which was broadcast nationally, again shooting to the top of the ratings.
“In a field dominated by white males, she is a black female of ample bulk. As interviewers go, she is no match for, say, Phil Donahue... What she lacks in journalistic toughness, she makes up for in plain-spoken curiosity, robust humour and, above all empathy," said TIME magazine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Plagiarism in Fashion needs serious attention'
- Attention cinema lovers! A sequel to Rajinikanth’s ‘Kabali’ in the pipeline?
- Karishma Tanna breaks silence on breakup with Upen Patel! - Read here
- Photo alert! Katrina Kaif and Sidharth Malhotra’s latest still from 'Baar Baar Dekho' is dayum hot
- Box Office report: Varun Dhawan, John Abraham's 'Dishoom' mints Rs 11.05 crore on opening day
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 633 — Abhi acknowledges Pragya's truth and accepts her wholeheartedly!
- Guess who? Karan Johar touched feet of THIS Bollywood star on sets of 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'!
- When ‘Unindian’ Brett Lee met Kapil Sharma - See pics
- My green eyes got me '24' role: Sumit Kaul
- Indian TV actress Sara Khan gears up for a show in Pakistan!