Over-the-top sequences are a norm, says Rohitashv Gour
Mumbai: Over-the-top comic sequences have become a staple in TV shows and films. Actor Rohitashv Gour explains that this is so because the Indian audience enjoys them the most.
"India`s realism is over the top. If you see folk theatre also, they are larger than life. Even when someone dies, people often beat themselves and cry. So our culture is over the top. So people like over the top things," Gour told reporters.
But having said that, the actor admits seeing "realistic" changes and added: "...I am seeing that this trend is slowly changing. Now situations are more believable."
How do you control over the top roles?
"If things go over the top, I try to control it. It also depends on the kind of scenes. Sometimes scenes demand over acting. When I was doing `Hum Aapke Hain In Laws`, my character was supposed to be over the top, so that is what I used to do," he said.
The actor will be seen in the second season of popular show ‘Lapataganj’, which, according to Rohitashv, will show a complex father-son relationship.
"There is a conflict between the father and the son. This will be shown in the comedy. Mukundilal (Rohitashv) is a little frustrated. This is a shade that has been added to the character," he said, adding that even though the show will have real emotions, they will be portrayed in a funny manner.
"The language will have comedy. It will be reflected through the dialogues. The emotions to be shown are real," he said.
The show has also taken a leap and the actor feels it will "help" as after a while "the audience starts finding things a bit stale".
"This had started happening (in `Lapataganj`) as well. Some things were becoming stale and we were little bored with characters as well. I think the idea of season two is very good," Gaur said who has also been part of shows like "Yeh Pyar Na Hoga Kam".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- B.B. King death to be investigated as homicide
- Ranveer Singh goes gaga over Anushka Sharma!
- Shahid Kapoor reaches the 6 million mark on Twitter!
- Bombay High Court likely to hear Salman Khan's travel plea on Tuesday
- 'Peterson Hill' set relocated
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita Khan's wedding reception in Mandi
- Shield hair from monsoon humidity
- `Piku' crosses Rs 100 crore mark worldwide
- Aamir Khan visits Sonam Kapoor on the sets of 'Neerja'
- Rolling Stones kick off 'Zip Code' stadium tour in San Diego
- Cara Delevingne poses topless for jewellery ad
- I quite like being naked: Miranda Kerr
- Men watching porn less likely to enjoy sex with real-life partners
- December 11 is the most popular day of the year to conceive
- Now have 'aquagasm' with new 'shower' sex toy
- Gisele Bundchen goes topless again
- Jessica Simpson poses in seductive way on Instagram
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian poses nude
- Secret behind Kim K's nude photoshoot revealed
- Jennifer Lawrence draws eyeballs in new photo shoot
- Keira Knightley will go topless, but on condition
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened