Over-the-top sequences are a norm, says Rohitashv Gour
Mumbai: Over-the-top comic sequences have become a staple in TV shows and films. Actor Rohitashv Gour explains that this is so because the Indian audience enjoys them the most.
"India`s realism is over the top. If you see folk theatre also, they are larger than life. Even when someone dies, people often beat themselves and cry. So our culture is over the top. So people like over the top things," Gour told reporters.
But having said that, the actor admits seeing "realistic" changes and added: "...I am seeing that this trend is slowly changing. Now situations are more believable."
How do you control over the top roles?
"If things go over the top, I try to control it. It also depends on the kind of scenes. Sometimes scenes demand over acting. When I was doing `Hum Aapke Hain In Laws`, my character was supposed to be over the top, so that is what I used to do," he said.
The actor will be seen in the second season of popular show ‘Lapataganj’, which, according to Rohitashv, will show a complex father-son relationship.
"There is a conflict between the father and the son. This will be shown in the comedy. Mukundilal (Rohitashv) is a little frustrated. This is a shade that has been added to the character," he said, adding that even though the show will have real emotions, they will be portrayed in a funny manner.
"The language will have comedy. It will be reflected through the dialogues. The emotions to be shown are real," he said.
The show has also taken a leap and the actor feels it will "help" as after a while "the audience starts finding things a bit stale".
"This had started happening (in `Lapataganj`) as well. Some things were becoming stale and we were little bored with characters as well. I think the idea of season two is very good," Gaur said who has also been part of shows like "Yeh Pyar Na Hoga Kam".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Robbie Williams launches own emojis
- Court order narrows pop icon Prince's potential heirs to six
- Supreme Court directs actor Rajpal Yadav to undergo 6-day jail term
- The wedding trailer of Divyanka Tripathi-Vivek Dahiya is beautiful in all possible ways- WATCH magic taking over!
- Post her lip-kiss spree with Ranveer Singh in 'Befikre' THIS is what Vaani Kapoor has to say about kissing- READ
- When ‘Unindian’ Brett Lee met Kapil Sharma - See pics
- My green eyes got me '24' role: Sumit Kaul
- Indian TV actress Sara Khan gears up for a show in Pakistan!
- Watch: Benedict Cumberbatch's 'Sherlock: Series 4' teaser will leave you on the edge!
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 630—Pragya still loves Abhi, tries to win him back!