Pak TV channels fined Rs 10 mln for excessive Indian content
Islamabad: Ten entertainment television channels in Pakistan have been slapped with Rs 10 million fine for airing excessive Indian and foreign content, a media report said today.
Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority imposed the fine on the channels and issued warning letters to them to desist from such practice in future, The News report said.
It quoted a document of Ministry of Information, Broadcasting and National Heritage, as saying that the local channels were airing excessive Indian content, much more than the prescribed limits.
PEMRA monitoring system is working round the clock to ensure the compliance of code of conduct and code of advertising, the report said.
Private TV channels of the country have been authorised to air only 10 per cent foreign content and 60 per cent of that 10 per cent should be Indian or other content and 40 per cent of the 10 per cent may be English content.
The channels that have been fined include Hum TV, Oxygen TV , Play TV, Kohinoor Entertainment, TV One Entertainment, NTV Entertainment, GXM Entertainment, Jalwa Entertainment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra
- Javed Akhtar turns 72, wife Shabana Azmi praises his 'magical persona'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin to promote 'Raees' in Dubai
- It's better late than never: Shatrughan Sinha on award
- Ajay Devgn promises to meet fan who threatened to kill himself
- Bigg Boss 10: Marriage REAL, says Monalisa’s boyfriend Vikrant Singh Rajpoot
- Sunil Grover does a ‘Raees’ a la Shah Rukh Khan! See PICS
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa, boyfriend Vikrant Singh Rajpoot’s marriage ceremony to be held inside the house?
- Bigg Boss 10: Is this the special clause in Rohan Mehra’s contract?
- Priyanka Chopra talks about men in India and abroad on ‘Koffee With Karan’