Pak TV channels fined Rs 10 mln for excessive Indian content
Islamabad: Ten entertainment television channels in Pakistan have been slapped with Rs 10 million fine for airing excessive Indian and foreign content, a media report said today.
Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority imposed the fine on the channels and issued warning letters to them to desist from such practice in future, The News report said.
It quoted a document of Ministry of Information, Broadcasting and National Heritage, as saying that the local channels were airing excessive Indian content, much more than the prescribed limits.
PEMRA monitoring system is working round the clock to ensure the compliance of code of conduct and code of advertising, the report said.
Private TV channels of the country have been authorised to air only 10 per cent foreign content and 60 per cent of that 10 per cent should be Indian or other content and 40 per cent of the 10 per cent may be English content.
The channels that have been fined include Hum TV, Oxygen TV , Play TV, Kohinoor Entertainment, TV One Entertainment, NTV Entertainment, GXM Entertainment, Jalwa Entertainment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This viral puzzle is making the internet go crazy! Can you solve this?
- Amar Singh a friend, has right to say anything: Amitabh Bachchan
- My soul will receive peace that Sarabjit gave me 'kandha': Dalbir to Randeep Hooda
- 'TE3N' trailer: Amitabh Bachchan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Vidya Balan team up to decode a mystery – Watch
- Katrina Kaif’s astonishing weight loss no game for 'Jagga Jasoos' makers!
- No artist has left 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah' since inception: Asit Kumarr Modi
- Would love to work with Mouni Roy again: Mohit Raina
- Actors are incomplete without fans: Divyanka Tripathi
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- Don't want to disappoint fans of 'Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain': Shubhangi Atre