Performance level in India is high: Tara Jean Popwich
Mumbai: Canadian dancer Tara Jean Popowich, who is the latest contestant to be eliminated from `Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7`, feels that Indian dancers are good performers as compared to their western counterparts.
Tara entered the celebrity dance reality show, which is an Indian adaptation of international talent hunt `Dancing With the Stars`, as a wild card contestant with choreographer partner Jack.
"I loved my one-and-half months stint on the show. It was stressful because we had to rehearse for long hours. But I learnt a lot from the show. I am amazed to see that in India everyone is mad about dance. Even the performance quality in Indian dancers is high," Tara, the winner of `So You Think You Can Dance`, told reporters.
The international dancer was pitted against young wonder Akshat Singh in the face-off. Tara`s radio act could not impress judges much as compared to Akshat`s performance as a crocodile.
"I am happy that Akshat stayed back on the show. He is a wonderful dancer. As a wild card contestant it was very hard for me to get the fan following. I had learnt little Hindi too to impress the audience. But I am happy that I gave my everything during my journey on the show and managed to garner standing ovation and full marks many a times," she said.
Tara also feels lucky to perform in front of the judges-- Madhuri Dixit, Remo D`Souza and Karan Johar.
"It was unbelievable to perform in front of them. Madhuri was my favourite. Her warm personality gave me confidence to perform on Indian stage. I want to dance in one of the Remo`s films," she said.
Till she gets her visa, Tara says she in talks to be a part of another reality show and does not mind if she gets a small role in a Hindi Film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actors face many demons everyday: Radhika Apte
- Watch: Jimmy Sheirgill's political drama 'Shorgul's trailer packs a punch!
- 'I'm the boss of my own s**t' says Ankita Lokhande post split with Sushant Singh Rajput!-- See pic
- Like things to be poetic in music, says Rabbi Shergill
- Riteish Deshmukh pays tribute to father on 70th birth anniversary!
- Ryan Gosling lends 'feminine energy' in bromance with Russell Crowe in 'The Graham Norton Show'
- Want to take more people of colour on my show: Aziz Ansari
- Kuch toh gadbad hai! CID taking a short break?
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside