Pharrell Williams becomes emotional on Oprah Winfrey`s show
London: Grammy award-winning rapper Pharrell Williams became emotional and shed tears of joy during an interview with Oprah Winfrey.
The 41-year-old singer cried out of happiness after Oprah, 60, showed him a montage of fan videos to his hit track `Happy`, reported Contactmusic.
"It`s overwhelming because it`s like I love what I do and I just appreciate the fact that people have believed in me for so long, that I could make it to this point to feel that," he said on the show.
Pharrell was particularly delighted by the song`s success as it had struggled to get any radio play before its release.
"Zero air-play, nothing. And the next thing you know, we put out the video on November 21 and all of a sudden... Boom. I mean, when I say boom, I mean boom. And we were like, what`s happening? First of all, people are putting up their own videos. It was like no longer my song," he added.
`Happy` has topped musical charts almost all over the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal; ready to give protection to 'missing' driver
- I can never be disciplined like Aamir, says Shah Rukh Khan
- I'll be expected to deliver bigger film after 'Sultan': Ali Abbas Zafar
- What a life: Film world mourns Mahasweta Devi's demise
- Busy bee Nargis Fakhri dusts down rumours, looking forward to promote 'Banjo'!
- My green eyes got me '24' role: Sumit Kaul
- Indian TV actress Sara Khan gears up for a show in Pakistan!
- Watch: Benedict Cumberbatch's 'Sherlock: Series 4' teaser will leave you on the edge!
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 630—Pragya still loves Abhi, tries to win him back!
- Brett Lee to shoot for 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain!'