Pharrell Williams becomes emotional on Oprah Winfrey`s show
London: Grammy award-winning rapper Pharrell Williams became emotional and shed tears of joy during an interview with Oprah Winfrey.
The 41-year-old singer cried out of happiness after Oprah, 60, showed him a montage of fan videos to his hit track `Happy`, reported Contactmusic.
"It`s overwhelming because it`s like I love what I do and I just appreciate the fact that people have believed in me for so long, that I could make it to this point to feel that," he said on the show.
Pharrell was particularly delighted by the song`s success as it had struggled to get any radio play before its release.
"Zero air-play, nothing. And the next thing you know, we put out the video on November 21 and all of a sudden... Boom. I mean, when I say boom, I mean boom. And we were like, what`s happening? First of all, people are putting up their own videos. It was like no longer my song," he added.
`Happy` has topped musical charts almost all over the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan in second season of Anil Kapoor's '24'?
- 'Balika Vadhu' enters Limca Book of Records
- 'FIR' actor Suresh Chatwal no more, co-star Kavita Kaushik expresses grief
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Like seriously! Sohail Khan to replace Mika Singh on 'Comedy Nights Live'?