Pharrell Williams becomes emotional on Oprah Winfrey`s show
London: Grammy award-winning rapper Pharrell Williams became emotional and shed tears of joy during an interview with Oprah Winfrey.
The 41-year-old singer cried out of happiness after Oprah, 60, showed him a montage of fan videos to his hit track `Happy`, reported Contactmusic.
"It`s overwhelming because it`s like I love what I do and I just appreciate the fact that people have believed in me for so long, that I could make it to this point to feel that," he said on the show.
Pharrell was particularly delighted by the song`s success as it had struggled to get any radio play before its release.
"Zero air-play, nothing. And the next thing you know, we put out the video on November 21 and all of a sudden... Boom. I mean, when I say boom, I mean boom. And we were like, what`s happening? First of all, people are putting up their own videos. It was like no longer my song," he added.
`Happy` has topped musical charts almost all over the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- 'Bigg Boss 10' promo out, Salman Khan turns astronaut for reality show!- WATCH
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- We need more disabled people working in TV: RJ Mitte
- ‘Bigg Boss 10’ promo: Will Salman Khan be seen in it? Scoop inside