Primetime Emmy Awards announced
Los Angeles: The 65th Primetime Emmy Awards were announced at the Nokia Theatre here Sunday.
The show, hosted by actor Neil Patrick Harris, saw performances by singers Elton John and Carrie Underwood.
The star-studded event marked the presence of actors like Michael Douglas, Matt Damon, Al Pacino, Alec Baldwin, and Jimmy Kimmel.
While Harris entertained the audience with his vibrant hosting, it was his impromptu dance to a musical "It`s the number in the middle of the show" that was well-received.
Shows like `Modern Family`, `Breaking Bad`, `Behind the Candelabra` and `The Colbert Report` went back home with more than one trophy.
The show also gave tribute to actors who passed away, including `Glee` star Cory Monteith and `The Sopranos` actor James Gandolfini.
Another special feature of the award ceremony was the addition of the outstanding choreographer award, which was bagged by Derek Hough for dance reality show `Dancing With the Stars`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Adult film actress Jessica Drake accuses Donald Trump of sexual misconduct
- Happy that protests against Karan Johar's movie are over: Madhur Bhandarkar on 'ADHM' row
- Children helping Angelina Jolie to rethink divorce tactics from Brad Pitt
- Here's how to get glowing skin this Diwali
- Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis—Here's why
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 695: Alia fixes Abhi-Tanu's wedding date
- 'Shivaay' promotions: Kajol, Ajay Devgn all set to brighten Diwali at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Ranbir Kapoor - Anushka Sharma - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan vs Salman Khan: TRP battle this weekend
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 694: Abhi saves Pragya yet again from getting killed
- Prince Narula talks about Badho Bahu co-star Rytasha Rathore, film offers and more