Rajeev Khandelwal brought transition for TV actors, says Hussain Kuwajerwala
Mumbai: Actor Hussain Kuwajerwala, who is set for his Bollywood debut with "Shree", says it was Rajeev Khandelwal`s successful move from the small to the big screen, which brought in a transition for TV actors.
"Rajeev Khandelwal brought the transition for TV actors. It was at a time when he got so many opportunities from TV, but it takes guts to say no to them. He was lucky that he even tasted success with his films," Hussain told reporters.
"For that matter, even Ayushmann Khurrana and Sushant Singh Rajput are doing well. I hope even I get in that list," he added.
Rajeev had left his popular show "Kahiin To Hoga" at the peak to move to Bollywood with ‘Aamir’. He found critical acclaim, and has since then been a part of different films.
Hussain has his own fan following through the small screen thanks to TV shows like ‘Kumkum’ and ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’. He was even a part of a live Bollywood musical ‘Zangoora’. An exceptional dancer, Hussain is very excited about ‘Shree’.
"Like any other actor, even I am very excited with my debut film. I am looking forward to a good and positive response from the audience. Everybody in this film is a first-timers, including the director and other star cast. I hope people like it."
Directed by Rajesh Bachchani, ‘Shree’ also stars Anjali Patil. It releases April 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa, boyfriend Vikrant Singh Rajpoot’s marriage ceremony to be held inside the house?
- Bigg Boss 10: Is this the special clause in Rohan Mehra’s contract?
- Priyanka Chopra talks about men in India and abroad on ‘Koffee With Karan’
- Kapil Sharma thanks Aamir Khan - Here’s why
- Bigg Boss 10: Here's what Nitibha Kaul said about Manveer Gurjar after her eviction