Rajneesh Duggal turns Ram for TV debut
New Delhi: After trying his luck in Bollywood, model-turned-actor Rajneesh Duggal is set to get a taste of the small screen. He will make his TV debut by playing Lord Ram in new mythology-based show `Ram Leela`, and he is excited.
"It feels absolutely great to be part of such a grand show. I have grown up listening to the tales of Ramayana and Mahabharata and being a worshipper myself, I`m extremely excited to portray the divine Lord Ram in front of TV audiences," Rajneesh said in a statement.
The actor, who has featured in films like "1920", "Phhir" and "Dangerous Ishhq", finds his new role challenging.
"I have always believed in doing something different with every project of mine, and portraying the character of Lord Ram is definitely challenging. Since it`s a musical, there is so much to explore - be it dancing or doing physical stunts, it`s a great learning for me," he said.
"Ram Leela", which is expected to have a mix of dance, drama, music and modern technology, will go on air on Life OK. To be telecast Oct 21-Nov 18, it is being marketed as a Dussehra to Diwali special show.
It will have Bollywood actor Ajay Devgn as the narrator.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drop everything, Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser is here!
- Horror films genre is still niche: Sharman Joshi
- Watch: Queen's response to dare from Obamas is simply hilarious!
- Breathtaking! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' teaser 2 introduces Anushka Sharma as 'Aarfa' – Watch
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Would love to work with Mouni Roy again: Mohit Raina
- Actors are incomplete without fans: Divyanka Tripathi
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- Don't want to disappoint fans of 'Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain': Shubhangi Atre
- WTH! 'The Kapil Sharma Show' to go off air soon?