Rani Mukerji launches Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s debut TV show
Mumbai: Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji today launched filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s debut show on television- `Saraswatichandra`.
Rani, who is a close friend of Bhansali, came on the sets of the TV serial in filmcity tonight.
"He is a good friend and I will always be there for him. He is my favourite director. This is his debut on television and I am here to give him the best wishes," Rani told reporters here.
Bhansali is making his debut with a love story based on the iconic Gujarati novel `Saraswatichandra` and Kumud`s love story with his signature style, replete with opulence and grandeur.
"I am happy to bring this show on TV as I always wanted to do it. We have been working on this for close to one year," Bhansali said.
At the launch programme, dancers performed on popular tracks from Bhansali`s films like `Devdas`, `Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam`.
The show features popular TV actors Gautam Rode and Jennifer Winget in the lead, apart from Monica Bedi and Chetan Pandit.
The show will go on air from February 25 from 7.30 pm from Monday to Friday on Star Plus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dilip Kumar's house: Court asks Pakistan government on takeover
- Watch: Second trailer of Kamal Haasan’s ‘Thoongaavanam’ edgy, action-packed
- Jennifer Aniston stars in funny new emirates commercial
- 'Elegant' Aishwarya Rai launches Longines' Dolce Vita in Delhi
- Will the Maheshwari family come to know about Ragini’s villainous face?