Raveena Tandon to judge new comedy show on TV
New Delhi: Bollywood actress Raveena Tandon, who tickled our funny bones with films like `Andaz Apna Apna` and `Dulhe Raja`, is all set to be the judge of a new comedy show on television
"Yes, I am judging another reality show on TV. It is a comedy show on Star Plus. Shooting hasn`t begun yet," Raveena told reporters.
Kirron Kher and Sohail Khan have also reportedly been roped in to judge the yet-to-be-announced show. Raveena has earlier been on the judges` panel of two kids` reality shows, but has been missing in action on the big screen for sometime.
The 36-year-old actress says she is on the verge of signing a new film, but nothing has been decided as of yet. Contrary to reports, she is not a part of Shah Rukh Khan starrer `Don 2`.
She has worked in a yet-to-be-released film `Aap Ke Liye Hum`, but the actress has no clue regarding the status of the film.
"I am not in Don 2. As far as `Aap Ke Liye Hum` is concerned, I don`t know what is the status of the film, or when is it going to release," said Raveena, who was in the capital recently to attend the Gr8 Women Achievers awards.
Last seen in the 2006 comedy `Sandwich`, Raveena said only substantial and challenging roles can make her return to acting now. "I want to pick up from where I left off and am looking forward to doing some challenging roles. Since I have been away for so long, I might as well do something substantial when I come back," said the National award winning actress.
Raveena ventured into production with `Stumped` in 2003. The movie failed to make an impact either on the box office or on critics, which made her decide never to try her hands at producing a film again. "I am not shrewd enough to be a business person. That was the first and the last time I burnt my hands in production. I get easily carried away by people`s sad stories and end up losing money. I think I should stick to acting, where I still have a lot to learn."
One of the major reasons behind her staying away from a film set for so long is her two kids, Rasha, five, and three-year-old Ranbir. A doting mother, who has the names of her children tattooed on her body, Raveena doesn`t want to miss out on their growing days by taking up too much work.
"There`s no greater joy than being a mother; it’s the world on one side and your kids on another. I don`t want to take on too much work and stay away from the kids for days. It’s important for me to be around during their growing years, as this phase is never going to come back," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awwdorable: Vivek Dahiya singing 'Lag Ja Gale' to Divyanka Tripathi will melt your heart – Watch
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Kangana Ranaut a true fashion chameleon: Tarun Tahiliani
- I've not made many fashion faux pas: Arjun Kapoor
- Aashif Sheikh turns ragpicker on 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai'
- Revealed! Why there is no new season of Aamir Khan's 'Satyamev Jayate'
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 649— Abhi, Pragya's interaction continues!
- Go Go Govinda! Jacqueline Fernandez happily poses with the dancing legend on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 648—Destiny makes Abhi meet Pragya again!