Rina Dhaka brings local flavour to `Style And The City`
New Delhi: She had very litte time, still Rina Dhaka hopped from one city to another exploring their culture, heritage and lifestyle for her travel show. The ace desinger describes the experience as "fun and challenging".
She travelled to cities like Pushkar, Lucknow, Ajmer, Amritsar and Benaras for FOX Traveller`s fashion related travel show - "Style And The City".
"I always do extensive research for my collection. I travel, explore local markets, meet weavers, visit historic places, try out local cuisines and try to bring the flavour of a state in my collection. But this time I was travelling for a show. I had limited time. It was fun and challenging," Dhaka told reporters in a telephonic interaction.
The show, set to go on air Wednesay, will also feature designers like Ashish Soni and Rocky S. The three designers created outfits for their guests, seeking inspiration from the states.
For the show, Rina has created an elegant outfit for Priya Chatwal, taking inspiration from traditional wear of people from Kalbeliya community in Pushkar.
"We all were asked to create one outfit each. I really liked the embroidery and the garments they wear," she said.
She said she had never been to Pushkar before, and "I was surprised to see the culture of the state. A lot of people there (Kalbeliyas) speak fluent German, Dutch and French. They wear traditional outfits. I saw their dance form, I visited the monuments too. The people were warm and friendly."
A regular at Amritsar, Rina said she "loves going" to the city. "I visited the Golden Temple. Punjab`s popular phulkari work, both handmade and machine made, is very popular. I travelled a lot in rickshaws. There`s inspiration everywhere."
Her stay in Ajmer was a royal experience.
In Delhi, Dhaka said, she explored the markets of Chandni Chowk, Karol Bagh and Lajpat Nagar and went to see the fort in Hauz Khas Village.
The designer is now busy preparing clothes for forthcoming couture week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I can never be disciplined like Aamir, says Shah Rukh Khan
- I'll be expected to deliver bigger film after 'Sultan': Ali Abbas Zafar
- What a life: Film world mourns Mahasweta Devi's demise
- Busy bee Nargis Fakhri dusts down rumours, looking forward to promote 'Banjo'!
- 'Dishoom' mania: Jacqueline Fernandez can work with Rohit Dhawan a 'million times over'
- My green eyes got me '24' role: Sumit Kaul
- Indian TV actress Sara Khan gears up for a show in Pakistan!
- Watch: Benedict Cumberbatch's 'Sherlock: Series 4' teaser will leave you on the edge!
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 630—Pragya still loves Abhi, tries to win him back!
- Brett Lee to shoot for 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain!'