Rohit Roy wants to do a show like `House of Cards`
Mumbai: Popular TV actor Rohit Roy want to do a show like `House of Cards` which he feels is challenging and out-of-box.
Rohit, known for his role in serials like `Des Mein Nikla Hoga Chand` and `Swabhimaan`, was last seen as Kabir in Zee TV`s fiction show `Hitler Didi`.
"I would love to come back on TV, but I want to do something really different and challenging. I like `House of Cards`. It is an amazing political drama show. I would love to do something like this on TV. It is fantastic," Rohit told.
"For me it`s not only my role that matters, there are other things also that I look for, like the story and how other characters will shape up in the show, how it will be positioned. It is about the entire package," he said.
`House of Cards` is an American political drama television series. The series is primarily about ruthless pragmatism and manipulation.
Rohit feels TV has a lot of variety to offer these days and he hopes something exciting will come his way soon.
"There are lots of options for TV actors to choose from like drama, comedy, crime, reality shows etc. It is good time for actors to be on TV. Now is the time to experiment on TV as small screen has got restructured," Rohit said.
Rohit will be seen next in crime-based series `Encounter`. The show tells the story of some of the most famous encounters that have taken place in Mumbai between the police and gangsters in bygone era.
The upcoming episode of the show will revolve around the story of Katta Shridhar gang that held Mumbai captive by its rash acts of burglary, merciless killings of innocent people including cops. They were the first ones to use country-made revolvers `katta`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- TV hottie Nia Sharma lets her hair down in Dubai – See pics
- ‘Angel’ Taher Shah upset with Varun Dhawan, denies right to use song?
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Neha Marda’s latest romantic Instagram lomotif post will give you relationship goals
- The Kapil Sharma Show: 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' launches TRAILER amid fun and laughter!