Rohit Roy will do ‘Hitler Didi’ on Zee, says finding right roles tough
Mumbai: Television actor Rohit Roy, currently seen as a Pakistani army officer in ‘Hitler Didi’, prefers roles that push him as an actor, but says finding such appropriate roles is not easy.
"It`s very important for me to do parts which push me as an actor. It is tough to find roles that can do justice to me and I can do justice to them," Rohit said.
`Hitler Didi` is a departure from what he has played on the small screen so far.
"It is fantastic. It is different from the other works that I have done. On TV I have played happy roles. Here I am playing a Pakistani Major. There are several layers to him," said the actor who was last seen in `Sajda Tere Pyaar Mein`.
Though the show, in which he played an antagonist, went off the air in June last year, Rohit said: "To me, it seems like two-three years. But I did `Sajda Tere Pyaar Mein`, which ended in June last year. I was not getting anything that I liked. Hopefully, I will not take another break," he said.
He found his footing in showbiz with Mahesh Bhatt-directed popular television show `Swabhimaan`. Aired in 1995, it was co-scripted by Shobha De and Vinod Ranganath.
One thing that the 44-year-old really wants to do is hosting.
"One thing which I have been looking for is hosting. Now the whole pattern of hosting has changed. Now it`s all about reading from the teleprompter. I would love to get back to doing that. I have always enjoyed hosting shows," he said.
Also seen in films such as `Dus Kahaniyaan`, `Shootout At Lokhandwala` and `Delhii Heights`, Rohit has no plans to quit one for the other - he would like to be part of both films and television.
"A lot of actors say that they will quit TV for films. I feel the medium decides if you are required or not. For the last 15 years, I have been doing work in both the mediums," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bill Murray receives Mark Twain prize
- Rock On 2 TRAILER OUT! Shraddha Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar and team strike the right chord
- Rangoon diaries: Kangana Ranaut REVEALS about her experience of changing clothes behind rocks!
- Ajay Devgn's BIGGEST fear is losing loved ones
- Anoushka Shankar coming to India for six city tour
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi gets too close to Monalisa; celebrities tell Bhojpuri star to beware
- Shivaay: Ajay Devgn turns 'prankster' on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Bigg Boss 10: India wali Priyanka Jagga gets eliminated
- The Voice India Kids: Nishtha Sharma wins trophy
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 695: Alia fixes Abhi-Tanu's wedding date