Ryan Murphy reveals his original plan for `Glee` ending
Los Angeles: `Glee` creator Ryan Murphy says he had planned some other ending of his musical show but that could not be due to the sudden demise of Cory Monteith.
Murphy, 48, gave an emotional speech at a private memorial service for Monteith, who played Finn on the show, in which he revealed how the musical was supposed to end, had the actor been alive, reported Ace Showbiz.
"For me, Cory was both the beginning and the ending of `Glee`, literally. The first scene of the pilot was Cory`s Finn and Matt`s (Matthew Morrison) Mr Schu. None of us really knew what we were doing," Murphy said.
"`Glee` was a musical. Musicals had never worked on television, and we were figuring it out as we went along. At the end of his first take, Cory could see I, his director, was a little unsure. He came up to me with a big grin and said, `This is going to be fun.` He was terribly right, and terribly wrong," he added.
In the planned ending, Finn would have become a teacher and Rachel (played by Lea Michele) would have become a big Broadway star.
"The ending of `Glee` is something I have never shared with anyone, but I always knew it. I`ve always relied on it as a source of comfort, a North Star. At the end of season 6, Lea
Michele`s Rachel was going to have become a big Broadway star, the role she was born to play," he said.
"Finn was going to have become a teacher, settled down happily in Ohio, at peace with his choice and no longer feeling like a Lima loser. The very last line of dialogue was to be this: Rachel comes back to Ohio, fulfilled and yet not, and walks into Finn`s glee club. `What are you doing here?` he would ask. `I`m home,` she would reply. Fade out. The end," he added.
Monteith, 31, was found dead in a hotel room in Vancouver on July 13.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Social stigma on HIV/AIDS should be pulled down: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Karan Johar yearns to work with Anurag Kashyap again
- Esteemed sarangi maestro Ustad Sabri Khan passes away
- Serena Williams goes nude for 2016 Pirelli Calendar shoot
- 'Bajirao Mastani' vs 'Dilwale': Which one will outshine the other?
- Swaragini: Will Simar rescue Swara, Sanskar from chudail Devika’s trap?
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video
- Bigg Boss: Rochelle, Priya have an ugly fight; Suyyash gets emotional on seeing sister
- Bigg Boss 9: When Salman Khan kissed Varun Dhawan!
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan