Salma Hayek up for Hispanic melodrama
London: Salma Hayek is once again collaborating with TV bosses behind ‘Ugly Betty’ to adapt yet another Hispanic melodrama for the US.
Hayek struck success when she brought the global telenovela phenomenon of Betty La Fea stateside, reports the Daily Express.
And now the actress and her business partner Jose Tamez are hoping for similar success after selling an adaptation of Argentinian series ‘Los Roldan’ to America``s ABC network through their production company, Ventanarosa.
The show chronicles the exploits of a man hired to run the company of the woman whose life he saves. The show has already been produced locally in Colombia, Mexico and Cyprus.
According to Variety, Hayek has tapped ‘Ugly Betty’ veterans Veronica Becker and Sarah Kucserka to write and executive produce the US version.
Ugly Betty`s run came to an end earlier this year after four years of TV success.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shivaay movie review: Defies gravity and conviction
- Deepika Padukone breaks her silence on speculations about breakup with Ranveer Singh
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' audience review: Here's what Twitterati have to say
- 'Shivaay' vs 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Box Office clash: Expect the 'unexpected'
- Kamaal R Khan in legal trouble for leaking Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' online
- Bigg Boss 10: How much money is each of the commoner getting?
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 698: Tanu's friend exposes her real face in front of Abhi
- Shah Rukh Khan to appear with ‘Dear Zindagi’ co-star Alia Bhatt on Karan Johar’s ‘Koffee With Karan’?
- Bigg Boss 10: Rohan Mehra instigates India wale Manu Punjabi, Navin Prakash and Manveer Gurjar
- Arjun Bijlani's 'Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil' shoot stalled by Shah Rukh Khan fans