Salma Hayek up for Hispanic melodrama
London: Salma Hayek is once again collaborating with TV bosses behind ‘Ugly Betty’ to adapt yet another Hispanic melodrama for the US.
Hayek struck success when she brought the global telenovela phenomenon of Betty La Fea stateside, reports the Daily Express.
And now the actress and her business partner Jose Tamez are hoping for similar success after selling an adaptation of Argentinian series ‘Los Roldan’ to America``s ABC network through their production company, Ventanarosa.
The show chronicles the exploits of a man hired to run the company of the woman whose life he saves. The show has already been produced locally in Colombia, Mexico and Cyprus.
According to Variety, Hayek has tapped ‘Ugly Betty’ veterans Veronica Becker and Sarah Kucserka to write and executive produce the US version.
Ugly Betty`s run came to an end earlier this year after four years of TV success.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- 'Bigg Boss 10' promo out, Salman Khan turns astronaut for reality show!- WATCH
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- We need more disabled people working in TV: RJ Mitte
- ‘Bigg Boss 10’ promo: Will Salman Khan be seen in it? Scoop inside