Salman Khan’s ‘Bigg Boss’ to get a ‘common man’ makeover
Mumbai: Believe it or not, but there is a fair chance for YOU to brush shoulders with Bollywood megastar Salman Khan. Earlier the privilege was limited to a handful who landed in India’s most popular reality show ‘Bigg Boss’, largely because of their controversial image. Remember porn star Sunny Leone, wife-beater Raja Choudhary, dreaded dacoit Seema Parihar…but, come next season of the show and you can expect yourself too in the colorful house!
Reportedly, the change in the format was formalized at the behest of Salman Khan. With critics talking about Salman abhorring slanderous, vulgar and family-values-hurting cinema (Gangs of Wasseypur - the case in point) at one hand and then promoting shows like BB on the other hand, it was alleged that the actor planned to prepare the next season of ‘Big Boss’ a cleaner and friendlier version for family viewings. And so in order to bring out the desired effect, the makers are offering the common man a chance participate in ‘Bigg Boss Season 6.’
Slamming the above speculation, a source revealed, "It was a joint decision between Salman and the broadcasters to clean up ‘Bigg Boss 6.’ Salman has become a very big star today and has a huge fan following, especially among kids. It works for him and the broadcasters to get more eyeballs."
“Fights and scandals won’t be the only entry ticket to the house. We’ll soon run a contest and anyone can get lucky and enter the show,” the source added.
Further adding the source said, "’Bigg Boss’ has so far catered to the voyeuristic needs of Indian audiences. But there is bad news for those in the film and television industry who thrive on controversies. Not so long ago, these people were prime contenders for the show. But now, only those participants who have a family friendly image will be chosen."
Well, the big question is – will the show now be able to garner the same TRPs as it used to without the controversial inmates?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Virtual peer pressure can also spark competition
- Good news bookworms! 22nd Delhi Book Fair begins today
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Jacqueline Fernandez turns elegant showstopper for Rajesh Pratap Singh
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- We need more disabled people working in TV: RJ Mitte
- ‘Bigg Boss 10’ promo: Will Salman Khan be seen in it? Scoop inside
- Zoya Akhtar open to directing limited series for TV
- Aashif Sheikh turns ragpicker on 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai'