Sanjeeda Sheikh plays Surpanakha in `Ram Leela`
New Delhi: Sanjeeda Sheikh, one of the prettiest face on small screen, has been roped in to play evil Surpanakha in ‘Ram Leela’.
The actress will be seen opposite Lord Rama played by Rajneesh Duggal, through a dance number choreographed by Remo D`Souza.
"I consider my role to be very interesting and challenging because I have never played such a character before. Also, a unique concept such as Ram Leela has never been seen before on Indian television - it`s a different experience altogether," Sanjeeda said in a statement.
"I`ll be seen in an exciting dance performance more than the typical negative characters usually seen on Indian television. As Surpanakha is extremely attracted to Ram, she tries to lure him away from Sita."
"There is nothing vulgar about the act and has been beautifully choreographed by Remo D`Souza keeping in mind that we have a family audience," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Have to be obsessive to play a character: Shah Rukh Khan
- Hrithik Roshan judges his films with first copy itself
- Honesty, sincerity behind 'Dangal' worked in its favour: Director Nitesh Tiwari
- Bollywood stars praise Yuvraj Singh's incredible century!
- Deepika Padukone makes black look the best colour as she steps out for 'The Late Late Show' by James Corden!
- 5 Doordarshan shows from 90s we would like to see make a comeback
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa – Vikrant Singh Rajpoot have been paid to get married?
- Deepika Padukone has big crush on Vin Diesel, has "amazing babies" with him in her head!
- Atta girl! Priyanka Chopra back on 'Quantico' sets after injury