Sanjeeda Sheikh plays Surpanakha in `Ram Leela`
New Delhi: Sanjeeda Sheikh, one of the prettiest face on small screen, has been roped in to play evil Surpanakha in ‘Ram Leela’.
The actress will be seen opposite Lord Rama played by Rajneesh Duggal, through a dance number choreographed by Remo D`Souza.
"I consider my role to be very interesting and challenging because I have never played such a character before. Also, a unique concept such as Ram Leela has never been seen before on Indian television - it`s a different experience altogether," Sanjeeda said in a statement.
"I`ll be seen in an exciting dance performance more than the typical negative characters usually seen on Indian television. As Surpanakha is extremely attracted to Ram, she tries to lure him away from Sita."
"There is nothing vulgar about the act and has been beautifully choreographed by Remo D`Souza keeping in mind that we have a family audience," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India feels like home: Fawad Khan
- Ban on women's entry in some temples unfair: Vidya Balan
- Bollywood film 'Neerja' banned in Pakistan
- Salman hit and run case: Victim's family challenge Salman Khan's acquittal
- Fawad Khan, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt's unmissable family drama in 'Kapoor & Sons' trailer – Watch