Satyamev Jayate: Aamir Khan says ‘Buddha hoga tera baap’
Mumbai: After throwing light on several social issues on his show ‘Satyamev Jayate’, Aamir Khan spoke about how Indians have started disowning their ageing parents in the eleventh episode.
For a country that boasts of its culture and where children pay obeisance to the leaders, disowning and abusing aging parents has become a vogue of sorts among different sections of the Indian society.
The recent episode of the show highlighted cases of abandoned parents, who seek refuge in old age homes in the last days of their lives.
The show began with a video clip of an old widow, who was literally thrown out of her house by her own son and who refused to open the door for her. After standing outside for several hours, the old lady sought help from neighbours and the police, who then helped her enter her own house.
The show brought to light several such stories of helpless parents who have had to face humiliation at the hands of their own children.
A number of social activists also graced the show and shared their experiences with the audiences present. One of the activists spoke about the influence of economics on old age and the ever increasing average age of humans in the present times. Another activist asserted the need to have more day care centers in the city where senior citizens can spend their time.
The show also cited examples of an organisation in Ahemadabad which facilitates live-in relationship for old couples. Marrying in old age for companionship was also given a lot of emphasis on the show.
And moreover, ‘Satyamev Jayate’ asserted on giving respect to the natural process of ageing and accepting it gracefully, for ageing is not a disease but an attainment that symbolises wisdom.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ellen Degeneres makes history at People's Choice Awards 2017! Check out the winners list
- Shah Rukh Khan in Sahir Ludhianvi biopic by Sanjay Leela Bhansali? Here's what you should know
- Akshay Kumar turns a 'Jolly good fellow' in this new promotional music video!
- These famous SHABADS of Guru Gobind Singh Ji will inspire you to never give up in life!
- Micromax honcho Rahul Sharma wishes 'happy anniversary' to wifey Asin Thottumkal in total Bollywood style!
- Deepika Padukone makes black look the best colour as she steps out for 'The Late Late Show' by James Corden!
- 5 Doordarshan shows from 90s we would like to see make a comeback
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa – Vikrant Singh Rajpoot have been paid to get married?
- Deepika Padukone has big crush on Vin Diesel, has "amazing babies" with him in her head!
- Atta girl! Priyanka Chopra back on 'Quantico' sets after injury