Satyamev Jayate: Aamir Khan talks about the ill effects of alcohol
Mumbai: The ninth episode of ‘Satyamev Jayate’ illuminated the dark realities of the Indian lifestyle and the growing trend to associate glamour with alcohol. Aamir Khan spoke about alcohol abuse and how a person could ruin his life and the lives of the people related to him.
The episode began with Vijay Simha, a famous journalist working with a reputed publication, sharing his journey as an alcoholic- how he started off as a social drinker and how he ended up turning into an addict. Life took a drastic turn and landed him on the streets of Delhi where he spent nine months without food. His parents disowned him because of his brash behaviour and till date, he repents not being forgiven by his mother.
The next to share his story was Lakshman, a 64 year old man who had spent 40 years of his life doing no constructive work but succumbing to alchohol. After having found solace with the Alcoholics Anonymous group, he realised what he ended up doing to his own life and to his family. And since then, he has been living a life free of alcohol.
Eminent lyricist Javed Akhtar’s presence on the show was a surprise. He unfolded the story of his long past and how he ruined 27 years of his life because of drinking. Terming people who drink as “gadha” (donkey) and “ghinona” (filthy), Javed said that drinkers often tend to associate glamour with drinking. While in real life, there is no fun behind coming under the influence of alcohol. He confessed that he was a fool to not have realised that he was doing no good by drinking and advised youngsters not to consume alcohol.
The episode also threw light on accidents that happened because of hazardous drinking and how innocent people lost their lives. Aamir urged the government to pass stringent laws against drunken driving.
The episode was of great importance for the youth of the nation, who think getting drunk is a fad and to follow the trend is a modern day protocol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli – Anushka Sharma: Will the couple reconcile – This could be an indicator!
- Anushka Sharma kicks the butt in 'Sultan' new still—See inside!
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- The only temple dedicated to Lord Brahma is in this Indian state
- Who Humpty? It’s time for ‘Badrinath’ Varun Dhawan to hunt for his ‘Dulhania’ Alia Bhatt
- Would love to work with Mouni Roy again: Mohit Raina
- Actors are incomplete without fans: Divyanka Tripathi
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- Don't want to disappoint fans of 'Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain': Shubhangi Atre
- WTH! 'The Kapil Sharma Show' to go off air soon?