‘Satyamev Jayate’: Rakhi Sawant accuses Aamir Khan of stealing concept
Mumbai: In what looks like a “serious joke” of sorts, Rakhi Sawant has accused Aamir Khan of stealing the concept of ‘Satyamev Jayate’, which according to the item girl is her concept.
The motor mouth, who hosted a show titled ‘Rakhi Ka Insaaf’, is of the opinion that her show was indeed the original one that dealt with bringing about core social issues to the forefront.
Talking to a leading daily, Rakhi said, “The show is a complete copy of Rakhi Ka Insaaf. They (Aamir Khan’s production company) have stolen our concept. The format of my show was similar.”
The item girl, who is also fondly addressed as the ultimate drama queen, went on to say that ‘Rakhi Ka Insaaf’ had emotionally drained her and she had to be hospitalized.
“There was a point when I was so disturbed after meeting the various people who came on the show with their problems, that I had to be hospitalised, since I was suffering from depression. My show was shifted to a late night slot because of its mature content, but it still registered good TRPs. On the other hand, just because Satyamev Jayate has Aamir Khan, the show is being aired in the morning slot and people are talking about it,” Rakhi said.
However, Rakhi maintains that she has great regards for Aamir.
She said, “I have nothing against Aamir. He is a great guy and I am indebted to him for life. He stood up for me at a time when there was nothing good going for me. In fact, he should be made PM of the country. Seriously, he is genuine and does intelligent work. My only issue is that if Aamir Khan decides to do a show like this, it is termed social work, but if Rakhi Sawant anchors a similar show it is termed as business and a means to garner TRPs.”
Apparently Rakhi wants to come up with a sequel to her show. Having said all she wanted to say, Rakhi clarified that she does not intend to garner publicity.
“Rakhi sabko buri lagti hai kyunki main hamesha sach bolti hoon. But I am not afraid of anyone, because at the end of the day, truth finally comes out,” Rakhi sid.
We really wonder if you will ever stop making unnecessary noise Rakhi. Grow up!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!
- Kahaani 2 weekend collections: Vidya Balan starrer mints Rs 16 cr
- Birthday special: Eight times Manish Malhotra created magic on-screen!
- Bigg Boss 10: Ranveer Singh – Vaani Kapoor entertaintain contestants; Elena Kazan gets evicted
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 726: Pragya slams evil trio Alia, Tanu & Nikhil
- Neither Hrithik nor Salman! Anushka to team up with Katrina Kaif on 'Koffee with Karan'