Satyamev Jayate: Resul Pookuty apologises publicly to Aamir Khan over 'misrepresented' remarks
New Delhi: Academy award winner Resul Pookuty claim to a newspaper that Aamir Khan’s TV show ‘Satyamev Jayate’ was completely a doctored show as a lot of sound post-production work was done so that the audiences could be emotionally blackmailed has sent shock waves across the country.
Now, as soon the news went public, a shocked Resul took to the social networking site Twitter to post a public apology for his statement which he alleges have completely been misrepresented by the newspaper.
An angry and disturbed Resul Pookuty wrote, “Misinterpretation and a doctored story quoting me on #satyamevjayate”. He even slammed the news daily by saying “sad journalism” for manipulating his statements. Resul’s apology did not end there. He even went about writing that he has high regards for Aamir Khan, his integrity and commitment. And that the false reportage by the newspaper is an attempt to rift a beautiful relationship he shares with Aamir.
In his back to back tweets, Resul Pookuty wrote, “I'm sorry to have been a reason to cause hurt to @aamir_khan. I never intent to. what smj has done is what our govt couldn't do in 65y. I have immense respect and adulation for the work@aamir_khan has been doing.I want to stay corrected. My earlier tweets on smj are examples.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fawad Khan all set to make a comeback!
- Anupam Kher's latest gift to mother leaves her teary-eyed!
- 'Padmavati' controversy: Sanjay Leela Bhansali keeping in mind public sentiments, says Shahid Kapoor
- Rajinikanth cancels Sri Lanka visit following opposition from pro-Tamil outfits
- Anushka Sharma's 'Phillauri': Day two Box Office collections are out!
- Shilpa Shinde's accusation of sexual harassment is 'false', says 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer's wife
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- Kapil Sharma – Sunil Grover fallout: Ali Asgar starts shooting for another show?
- Kapil Sharma forced to cancel shoot after boycott by team, Bollywood celebs?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No 'conflict of interest' in ‘minister’ Navjot Singh Sidhu’s continuation on TV, says Punjab AG