Sheen wants to resume work this month
Los Angeles: Charlie Sheen wants to get back to work this month on ‘Two and a Half Men,’ a spokesman said Thursday.
The 45-year-old actor remains in rehab but hopes to return to TV`s top-rated comedy by the end of February, publicist Stan Rosenfield said. That`s a "target" projection, Rosenfield said.
The series halted production after Sheen sought treatment for undisclosed reasons following a 911 call and brief stay at a Los Angeles-area hospital last week. According to a tape of the 911 call, Sheen was said to be intoxicated and in pain.
CBS and series producer Warner Bros. Television declined comment on Sheen`s intentions. But decisions about the show aren`t Sheen`s alone.
Producers intend to evaluate the situation before deciding whether to resume filming for the season, a person familiar with their plans said Thursday. The person was not authorized to publicly discuss details and spoke on condition of anonymity.
With uncertainty over Sheen`s return, CBS intends to use a combination of ‘Two and a Half Men’ reruns and other sitcoms to fill out its Monday night schedule. The network has two unaired episodes of ‘Men’ in hand, which are to be broadcast Feb. 7 and 14.
Out of 24 episodes ordered for the season, 16 were completed.