Shikha Swaroop doesn`t fear being typecast
New Delhi: Shikha Swaroop, who rose to fame with popular costume drama `Chandrakanta`, will now be seen as Kaikayee in a new version of the "Ramayana". The actress is aware the role will typecast her, but says she isn`t worried about this.
"I have got better offers from costume dramas. It is probably because they (audience) love me like that. Playing Kaikayee will typecast me more, but I really enjoy it. I don`t mind it at all," Shikha told reporters, adding she has "nothing against `saas-bahu` sagas".
The actress admits she enjoys getting all decked up for such shows, though it could be troublesome sometimes.
"Subconciously I do have an inclination towards costume dramas, because probably I love getting ready and wearing all the jewellery. It`s enjoyable because you can`t do this at home. I enjoy the regality that the costume demands. I do it with real ease and I enjoy it, though wearing all this is very cumbersome," she said.
She has been a successful name in the world of modelling and was even crowned Miss India in 1988. IN 1995, she got her big break on small screen with period drama "Chandrakanta". The show was originally telecast on Doordarshan and pulled off air in 1996.
The producers filed a suit in court for reinstatement and the show had reruns on other channels. The show came back with a second season titled "Kahani Chandrakanta Ki", based on Devaki Nandan Khatri`s second novel "Chandrakanta Santati".
Asked how has the technicality of shooting periodic dramas changed over the years, Shikha said: "I didn`t feel any difference because I have been a model."
"I have done many ads and the ad world has always been ahead of TV. I have modelled internationally and India as well. The ad filmmakers always had technology, which was much ahead," she said.
However, she hails the fact that television industry has become more systematic.
"The industry is more systematic and organised now, the TV channels have a system now. The flow of funds is even and there is also regularity,
"Earlier, the industry was lost, but it`s there in every industry," she added.
The new `Ramayan` goes on air Aug 12 on Zee TV.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Devdas', 'Veer-Zaara' to be screened at theatres in the US
- Madhur Bhandarkar reveals first look of Kirti Kulhari starrer 'Indu Sarkar'
- Want to go worldwide with digital foray: Shilpa Shetty
- Girls should hit back if touched inappropriately, says Akshay Kumar
- Irrfan Khan in Georgia for 'Hindi Medium' shooting
- Sunil Grover pens heartfelt note to fans, says don’t know what the future holds!
- Sunil Grover still part of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' faces wrath on social media after fallout with Sunil Grover?
- Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar to compete with Kapil Sharma by teaming up for new show?
- Shilpa Shinde's accusation of sexual harassment is 'false', says 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer's wife