Shirina Singh takes inspiration from Urmila Matondkar for TV role
Mumbai: Actress Shirina Singh, who plays Pakhi in popular TV show `Ek Mutthi Aasman`, is all set to get an image makeover on the soap opera and will be seen playing a violent obsessive lover.
Shirina said she took inspiration from actress Urmila Matondkar`s character in `Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya`.
"When I was told that my character Pakhi will turn into a psychotic lover, the first name which hit my mind was that of Urmila Mantodkar`s convincing portrayal of Ria Jaiswal in `Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya`," Shirina said in the statement.
Shirina said it was not a cakewalk for her to play a grey character of a girl, who attempts to win the affections of her love Raghav Singhania (played by Ashish Chowdhry).
"Playing an obsessive lover is not that easy, I had to understand the complexities of the character as to what a person goes through when his love in not reciprocated in the positive manner so that I don`t end up overdoing the part," she added.
The actress also added her own observation after reading the script for the Zee TV`s show.
"I tried to take a few cues from Urmila`s character to understand the role better but at the same time I added my own bit and the feedback from the creative team of the show has been positive so far. I am eagerly awaiting the audience`s reaction," she said.
`Ek Mutthi Aasmaan` follows the story of a domestic help.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- TV hottie Nia Sharma lets her hair down in Dubai – See pics
- ‘Angel’ Taher Shah upset with Varun Dhawan, denies right to use song?
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Neha Marda’s latest romantic Instagram lomotif post will give you relationship goals