Showcase of short films on small screen
Mumbai: Short films mostly go unnoticed but a new TV show titled `Prime talkies with Pocket Films` is all set to provide a platform to aspiring filmmakers and students to showcase their work.
Starting on July 31, the one-hour show will be aired every Thursday from 9.00 pm. Each episode will consist of three-four critically acclaimed films on varied themes like love, passion, patriotism, etc.
Screening of these films on television is one big step in providing national visibility to such budding talent, said a statement.
The joint initiative is taken by Pocket Films, leading aggregator and distributor of alternate content that helps short films, documentaries, indie films.
Saameer Mody, managing director, Pocket Films said they are “pleased to launch this initiative to throw the spotlight on talented filmmakers on a national platform which will prove to be a starting point to become big.``
“The viewers too will benefit as they will now be able to enjoy interesting stories offering varied perspectives along with being entertained,” he added.
`Tubelight Ka Chand` and `The Joy of Giving` by Shlok Sharma, an Anurag Kashyap Production film, `Salt and Pepper` by Mohinder Pratap Singh starring Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Padmini Kolhapure, `The Break Up` by Bahaish Kapoor and `2B or Not 2B` by Samvida Nanda among others are part of Pocket Films` collection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sushant Singh Rajput's 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' becomes second highest opener of 2016!
- If Indian artistes have so much problem, we will ban their movies too: Raj Thackeray on Salman Khan's statement
- We are living in hard times: Ranbir Kapoor
- Surgical strikes: Adnan Sami praises Indian Army, gets slammed on Twitter – Details inside
- Humans are selfish: Tom Hanks
- Priyanka Chopra to go 'Live With Kelly' once again
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 679—Alia instigates Abhi to propose Tanu for marriage!
- Shooting for Anil Kapoor starrer '24' Season 2 wrapped up!
- There's leg pulling, no insulting on 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Krushna Abhishek
- Zindagi channel set to launch new primetime shows starting October 3! Details inside