Shubhangi replaces Shilpa in `Chidiya Ghar`
New Delhi: Shubhangi Atre Poorey replaces Shilpa Shinde as Koel in ‘Chidiya Ghar’, a popular comedy show. The actress has already started shooting for the series.
In the show, Koel is portrayed as an ideal daughter-in-law and a self-acclaimed singer who has the strange habit of singing while talking.
Seen in soaps like ‘Kasturi’ and ‘Do Hanson Ka Jodaa’, Shubhangi is trying comedy for the first time.
"I am very happy to play Koel who is so popular among the viewers. This is my first attempt at comedy and I look forward to do full justice to Koel`s role and give it my best shot," said Shubhangi in a statement.
"I have already started shooting and the experience has been great so far."
In the latest episode, the entire Narayan family will be seen celebrating Holi except for Ghotak (played by Paresh Ganatra) who is missing his wife Koel, but she surprises him with her special Holi plans.
Shubhangi was last seen in ‘Havan’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- TV actors don't have luxury to choose quality stuff: Ashmit Patel
- Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'
- 'Dance+' season two: 14-year-old Tanay Malhara takes home the trophy
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside
- 'Pretty Little Liars' creator teases fans with finale spoilers