Simi Garewal wanted to quiz Congress leader Rahul Gandhi
Mumbai: Actress turned TV host Simi Garewal, who is back with her latest show `Simi Selects India`s Most Desirable`, says she had planned to approach Congress leader Rahul Gandhi for an interview but dropped the idea because the format didn`t support it.
Simi, who had interviewed Rahul`s late father and former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi for a documentary, told reporters that Rahul is a very serious person with a mission in life.
"I would definitely like to interview him, but not in this format which has a fun element," she said.
As compared to her ‘Rendevouz with Simi Garewal’, this TV show will involve more fun and entertainment with college students as studio audience.
According to Simi, through her show she would attempt to unravel how India`s most desirable are in real life and what makes them click.
"I will talk to them about love, romance and marriage," she quipped, adding that her guests would be those who are "single, eligible and desirable."
"When you say desirable, we turn largely to Bollywood because of the public fascination for Bollywood personalities. I also have cricket and corporate personalities on my guest list," she said.
Simi said she had shot ten episodes so far and the first season would have 15-28 episodes.
Ranbir Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Sonam Kapoor, Sidharth Mallya, Priyanka Chopra, Shahid Kapur are some of the celebrities she has interviewed so far, she said.
The first episode, which will be aired on Sunday, will feature Ranbir. Simi, who has worked with Ranbir`s father Rishi Kapoor in films like `Karz` and `Mera Naam Joker, said the Kapoor scion was an "amazing and spontaneous person."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone will NOT attend Cannes Film Festival
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends
- Phillauri Day 1 collections: Anushka Sharma's spooky act mints Rs 4 cr!
- Hugh Grant dances to Drake's song in 'Love Actually' short film
- Shilpa Shinde's accusation of sexual harassment is 'false', says 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer's wife
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- Kapil Sharma – Sunil Grover fallout: Ali Asgar starts shooting for another show?
- Kapil Sharma forced to cancel shoot after boycott by team, Bollywood celebs?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No 'conflict of interest' in ‘minister’ Navjot Singh Sidhu’s continuation on TV, says Punjab AG