Simon Cowell to leave US `X Factor`?
London: Simon Cowell could be set to leave US `X Factor` since it will need a lower budget as its ratings has dropped and the media mogul`s rates are too high.
The 54-year-old is a judge on the singing contest, but he could be planning to leave the show since it is pulling in fewer viewers than in previous years, reported Contactmusic.
"People have talked as if it is all over for `The X Factor` USA but that`s not the case at all. It is true that ratings are down but it still does well with younger viewers if it was to come back next year it would have to have a lower budget.
"Simon leaving the show would allow a cheaper panel to be introduced - and give him the time to be reunited with the British show," a source said.
The `X Factor` USA is currently in its third season with the winner awarded a USD 1 million recording contract with Cowell`s label Syco, however, in the previous two series` it was worth USD 5 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Khans of Bollywood hungry to do different roles: Shoojit Sircar
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Sidharth teaches IIT students 'Kaala chashma'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- Women have cheating nightmares while men fantasize about flying: Study
- 'Bigg Boss 10' promo out, Salman Khan turns astronaut for reality show!- WATCH
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- We need more disabled people working in TV: RJ Mitte
- ‘Bigg Boss 10’ promo: Will Salman Khan be seen in it? Scoop inside