Small screen offers big entertainment in 2013
New Delhi: The Indian small screen is ready with its dose of entertainment for the New Year. Watch out for new concepts, storyline and fresh seasons of popular shows in 2013.
The staple offering of reality shows will continue with new seasons of ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ (KBC) and ‘Indian Idol’. Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan will return as the host of the seventh season of KBC.
The third season of cooking reality show ‘MasterChef India’ will go on air soon and celebrity chef Sanjeev Kapoor will be joining the judges panel this time.
Popular youth-centric reality shows ‘Roadies’, ‘Emotional Atyachaar’ and ‘Big Switch’ too will return with new seasons and promise some freshness and lots of spice.
In the fiction space, ‘Na Bole Tum... Na Maine Kuch Kaha’, which wrapped up earlier this year, will come up with its second season.
Besides the new seasons, there is an interesting line-up of shows with fresh concepts.
Audiences will get to see ‘Welcome: Baazi Mehmaan-Nawaazi Ki’, the Indian version of British show ‘Come Dine With Me’.
To be anchored by TV actor Ram Kapoor, the celebrity show will be about judging the cooking and guest-hosting capabilities of participants.
Actor Tusshar Kapoor, who had earlier judged TV show ‘Comedy Circus’, will once again be seen as the judge for a comic series titled ‘Nautanki’. The show will bring the Broadway style of comedy-play on the Indian small screen.
As far as fiction is concerned, Sony has two shows – ‘Amita Ka Amit’ and ‘Sajan’ - while Sab TV is ready with ‘Tota Weds Maina’ and ‘Hum Aapke Hain In-Laws’.
’Tota Weds Maina’ features ‘F.I.R.’ actress Kavita Kaushik playing the lead role of Maina and actor Gaurav Gera, best remembered as Nandu of ‘Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi’, will play Tota.
‘Hum Aapke Hain In-Laws’ is the story of a sweet couple, played by Karan Grover and Pooja Pihal, caught in the whirlwind of confusion with their lovable in-laws.
Zee TV`s new drama ‘Housewife Hai...Sab Jaanti Hai’, starring Suhasi Goradia Dhami and Anirudh Dave, will explore the busy lives of housewives.
Another new show, ‘Sanskaar.. Dharohar Apnon Ki!’, will go on air on Colors. The story of a close-knit family, it features actor Jay Soni.
So, one gauges avid viewers of these Hindi general entertainment channels have a lot on offer in the New Year. Take your pick!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hiding true colours makes you feel immoral
- Sharon Osbourne taking month long break form 'The Talk'
- Model Nicole Trunfio poses breastfeeding son in Elle cover
- 'Dil Dhadakne Do' team to promote film at IPL final
- Pamela Anderson ready to date lots of guys
- Did Vanessa Hudgens help BFF Selena to avoid her ex Justin Bieber?
- Thin models may put off more women than they inspire
- Amanda Seyfried finds Charlize Theron trustworthy
- Robert De Niro's blunt commencement speech at NYU
- Sunny Leone rubbishes being ousted from Celina's flat
- Jason Derulo 'tired of playing nice'
- Sunny Leone rubbishes being ousted from Celina's flat
- Kailash Kher unwell, hospitalised
- I'm very conscious about my odour: Irrfan Khan
- Not easy to make smaller films after working with stars: Venkat Prabhu
- Arijit Singh to sing for 'Guddu Rangeela'
- Suriya's friendly gesture for actor Rahman
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Paul McCartney buys $15.5 million penthouse
- Dyeing hair helped Eva Green
- Michael Caine 'never tempted to stray' from wife
- I don't jump out of a trunk naked in 'The Duff': Ken Jeong
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe