Smilie Suri breaks girl-next-door image with `Jodhaa Akbar`
Mumbai: Actress Smilie Suri, who is all set to make her small screen debut with ‘Jodha Akbar’, says her character as the Mughal emperor`s first wife Ruqaiya Begum will help her break the girl-next-door image.
Smilie, who made her Bollywood debut with 2005 film ‘Kalyug’, fell ill soon after signing Zee TV`s historical show ‘Jodha Akbar’, produced by Ekta Kapoor.
"Over the last few years, I was offered TV shows, but I declined them. This one`s not a saas-bahu show and the role of Ruqaiya is also very different. It helps me break away from the girl-next-door image created by my Kalyug character," Smilie, who is director Mohit Suri`s sister, said in a statement.
"The commute from Mumbai to Karjat for the shoot can be pretty taxing, so I was in two minds initially but the character is not only interesting, it has different layers and substance. Ruqaiya is an important part of Akbar`s life. She was his best friend, almost like his mirror. I`m just waiting to get out of the hospital and start shooting," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govinda chose 'The Kapil Sharma show' over 'Comedy Nights Live'—Here's why?
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan spilling hotness in brand new hair-cut and elegant suit! – Pic inside
- IIFA 2016: Defining hotness in all black Deepika Padukone will leave you gasping for air!
- Watch: Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover are spilling love all over at IIFA green carpet!
- Have learnt a lot from Govinda: Kapil Sharma
- Oops! No 'Sultan' promotions by Salman Khan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' - Here's why
- Nana Patekar to soon introduce Anil Kapoor's '24' season 2!
- Superhero 'Captain Vyom' to be relaunched on digital platform
- New season of 'Shaktimaan' will show origin of superhero!