Smilie Suri breaks girl-next-door image with `Jodhaa Akbar`
Mumbai: Actress Smilie Suri, who is all set to make her small screen debut with ‘Jodha Akbar’, says her character as the Mughal emperor`s first wife Ruqaiya Begum will help her break the girl-next-door image.
Smilie, who made her Bollywood debut with 2005 film ‘Kalyug’, fell ill soon after signing Zee TV`s historical show ‘Jodha Akbar’, produced by Ekta Kapoor.
"Over the last few years, I was offered TV shows, but I declined them. This one`s not a saas-bahu show and the role of Ruqaiya is also very different. It helps me break away from the girl-next-door image created by my Kalyug character," Smilie, who is director Mohit Suri`s sister, said in a statement.
"The commute from Mumbai to Karjat for the shoot can be pretty taxing, so I was in two minds initially but the character is not only interesting, it has different layers and substance. Ruqaiya is an important part of Akbar`s life. She was his best friend, almost like his mirror. I`m just waiting to get out of the hospital and start shooting," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actors face many demons everyday: Radhika Apte
- Watch: Jimmy Sheirgill's political drama 'Shorgul's trailer packs a punch!
- 'I'm the boss of my own shit' says Ankita Lokhande post split with Sushant Singh Rajput!-- See pic
- Like things to be poetic in music, says Rabbi Shergill
- Riteish Deshmukh pays tribute to father on 70th birth anniversary!
- Ryan Gosling lends 'feminine energy' in bromance with Russell Crowe in 'The Graham Norton Show'
- Want to take more people of colour on my show: Aziz Ansari
- Kuch toh gadbad hai! CID taking a short break?
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside