Star Trek `phaser gun` fetches $231k at auction
London: A phaser gun made for the hit television show ` Star Trek` has been sold at an auction for 231,000 dollars.
The rifle fetched nearly five times its estimated price- 50,000 dollars- at Julien`s Auction in Los Angeles, California, Sky News reported.
It was made by toy inventor Reuben Klamer at the request of the sci-fi show`s creator Gene Roddenberry, after NBC rejected an initial pilot and demanded a more action-packed adventure.
The firearm was built from wood and finished with blue metallic paint, and was handed back to Klamer when the now familiar pistol design was introduced for the remaining three seasons of the first series.
It was sold at auction inside its original custom-made case and came with a signed letter from Roddenberry to Klamer, dated March 16, 1966.
The lot was accompanied by a number of black and white Polaroid photographs and sketches of the phaser gun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Isla Fisher wants to play Prince in biopic
- You cannot take your eyes off 'sloth struck' Ranveer Singh lazing around!- See it to believe it
- Dance songs should not be called item numbers: Aditi Rao Hydari
- Arbaaz Khan speaks about his character in 'Tera Intezaar'- READ
- Kangana Ranaut looking forward to next project- Know all about it!
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 633 — Abhi acknowledges Pragya's truth and accepts her wholeheartedly!
- Guess who? Karan Johar touched feet of THIS Bollywood star on sets of 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'!
- When ‘Unindian’ Brett Lee met Kapil Sharma - See pics
- My green eyes got me '24' role: Sumit Kaul
- Indian TV actress Sara Khan gears up for a show in Pakistan!