Television should promote musicals, says Shiamak Davar
New Delhi: Ace choreographer Shiamak Davar feels that musicals in India can develop only if television decides to promote it.
Davar, who has choreographed dance sequences in movies like "Taal", "Kisna" and "Bunty Aur Babli", is known for contemporary style of dancing.
"The state of musicals in India won`t develop unless television brings it to the children and other people," Shiamak told reporters.
Talking about the musical, Shiamak added: "I think we wanted to do something very different. Also, something in which we could also involve the parivaar and not just do only song, and award. We decided to give it a very musical flavour."
"It`s a very simple, sweet musical where we have also blended in the songs," Shiamak said.
The awards are slated to take place June 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terence Lewis to financially help TV show contestants
- Have learnt a lot from Govinda: Kapil Sharma
- Oops! No 'Sultan' promotions by Salman Khan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' - Here's why
- Nana Patekar to soon introduce Anil Kapoor's '24' season 2!
- Superhero 'Captain Vyom' to be relaunched on digital platform