Teri Hatcher to star in `Jane By Design`
London: `Desperate Housewives` star Teri Hatcher is all set to star in the American comedy sitcom `Jane By Design`.
The 47-year-old actress, who has just wrapped up the shooting of `Desperate Housewives`, will also get behind the camera to direct four episodes of the show, reported Contactmusic.
"I`m thrilled for the opportunity to direct. So many of the crew and cast of `Desperate Housewives` have been encouraging me to do this for a long time, from Vanessa Williams, James Denton, to the talented camera crew department and producers.
"Now that I have time, I`m excited to whole heartedly conquer new ventures. Jane By Design is charming, with very funny performances. I look forward to working with new and old friends over there and helping them tell stories both in front and behind the camera," Hatcher said.
The actress will play the estranged mother of the lead character Jane, played by Erica Dasher.
Hatcher shot to fame with her role as Susan Mayer in the comedy-drama `Desperate Housewives` and won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- TV actors don't have luxury to choose quality stuff: Ashmit Patel
- Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'
- 'Dance+' season two: 14-year-old Tanay Malhara takes home the trophy
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside
- 'Pretty Little Liars' creator teases fans with finale spoilers