‘The Kumars at No 42’ making TV return
London: British hit sitcom ‘The Kumars at No 42’ are set to make a comeback this autumn in a new Sky 1 series.
Sanjeev Bhaskar will return as the amateur chat show host who interviews celebrities in his family home.
The new show, reportedly called ‘The Kumars at No 42B’, sees his clan forced by the economic downturn to share a flat in Hounslow, west London.
“It’s incredibly exciting to revisit these warm, oddball characters and bring them up to date,” the BBC quoted Bhaskar as saying.
“We’ve tried to retain what viewers loved about the original show and to inject new characters and elements in a slightly new format that we hope will appeal to an even broader audience,” he added.
The original show started out on BBC One before switching to BBC Two and had seven series between 2001 to 2006.
The new version will see Meera Syal – Bhaskar’s wife - resume her role as the fictional Sanjeev’s grandmother, known as Ummi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Half Girlfriend': Shraddha Kapoor injured on sets!
- IIFA 2016: Priyanka Chopra wins 'Woman of the Year' award, expresses her joy on Twitter! - View pic
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Have learnt a lot from Govinda: Kapil Sharma
- Oops! No 'Sultan' promotions by Salman Khan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' - Here's why
- Nana Patekar to soon introduce Anil Kapoor's '24' season 2!
- Superhero 'Captain Vyom' to be relaunched on digital platform
- New season of 'Shaktimaan' will show origin of superhero!