TV actor Anuj Sachdeva was sceptical to do daily soap again
Mumbai: Popular TV actor Anuj Sachdeva, who has stepped in the shoes of fellow Farhan Khan in daily soap `Chhanchhan` as a replacement, says he was in two minds initially to accept the show.
Anuj is known for his role in TV serials like `Sabki Laadli Bebo` and `Phir Subah Hogi`.
"When I was offered this show (as a replacement) I was not sure if I should accept it. As I was not keen on doing TV, I was not doing anything on small screen for a year-and-half or so. I had taken break from TV. Hence I took time to decide. Eventually I took it up as a challenge," Anuj said.
Anuj was sceptical as he wanted to focus on his film career. But now that the lines between small and big screen are blurring, he decided to take up the show.
He has a film in his hand but is not willing to share any details about it.
Currently, Anuj plays the role of Manav, who is in love with Chhanchhan (Sanaya Irani). Though Anuj did see the promos of the show, but he never got a chance to watch the serial.
"There is a little pressure as I have to play a character which has been played by someone else earlier. To come as a replacement for someone is difficult and challenging," Anuj said.
"But today memory of the audience is too short. I am hoping people will accept me as Manav," he said.
Anuj insists he will make the character his own and create a new identity with it. There were rumours that lack of on-screen chemistry between Farhan and Sanaya resulted in dropping TRPs of the show.
"I know Sanaya since quite some time. We have met earlier. It is easy for me to work with her. She is very helpful. I am hopeful we will make a perfect on screen couple for this show," Anuj said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jeetendra sent love messages to wife through telegraph
- Anurag`s `Gangs Of Wasseypur` to stream on Netflix
- I thought acting offer was a joke: Shankar Mahadevan
- Was overwhelmed when Priyanka praised me in 'Kajarya': Ridhima
- Censor Board chief hits out at critics, says changes in `Spectre` as per guidelines
- 'Kapil effect' sways Shilpa Shetty on Comedy nights
- Olsen twins to not reprise their roles in "Full House" reboot
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik accuses Kanwaljeet Singh of racism