TV actors share childhood memories of Republic Day
Mumbai: TV actors like Deepika Singh and Gautam Rode have fond childhood memories of Republic Day of looking up in the sky for the thrilling flypast or watching the parade on TV.
Here are some actors, reminiscing about the day:
Deepika Singh (Sandhya of `Diya Aur Baati Hum`): I have some very fond memories of Republic Day celebrations as a child. We would run to our terrace to watch the helicopters with tri-colour balloons as soon as we got a hint that the parade is over.
Gautam Rode (Saras of `Saraswatichandra`): January 26 marks a very important day in the history of our country. As a child I remember it being a public holiday and sitting with family and watching the parade live. It’s very important for today’s generation to understand the reason for celebrating this day.
Disha Parmar (Pankhuri of `Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara`): I want to wish every Indian a very Happy Republic Day. I want to urge the youngsters to actually take some time off to know more about this day and what the day meant for our country and for those who put in all the efforts.
Mohammed Nazim (Ahem of `Saath Nibhana Saathiya`): `United we stand, divided we fall` is a quote every Indian needs to pay attention to. Every citizen should enjoy the given freedom but at the same time be cautious about your rights and responsibilities. Do not misuse them in any way and feel proud to be an Indian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 5 Doordarshan shows from 90s we would like to see make a comeback
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa – Vikrant Singh Rajpoot have been paid to get married?
- Deepika Padukone has big crush on Vin Diesel, has "amazing babies" with him in her head!
- Atta girl! Priyanka Chopra back on 'Quantico' sets after injury
- SHOCKING! Salman Khan and Om Swami set for a face-off on 'Bigg Boss 10' grand finale?