TV actress Amrita Raichand gets her big break on big screen
Mumbai: She has done ads, TV serials and even a cookery show, but Amrita Raichand says her big break came in the form of ‘Amrita Ki Khejadi’, a film based on environment campaign started by a woman from Bishnoi tribe in Rajasthan.
Earlier, Amrita featured in TV show ‘Mahi Way’ and currently she is seen hosting cookery show ‘Mummy Ka Magic’.
Amrita said, "I was not interested in films earlier, I was just going with the flow. But after a sabbatical, I wanted to work and this film is my big break, which I have been waiting for a long time. It`s a women-centric film."
In the film, Amrita will be seen as Amrita Devi, a courageous lady who lost her life fighting for the greenery of her village, and the model-actress will shed her glamorous avatar for the role.
"My look will be rustic. We did various look tests and I will be getting into the typical village women look," said Amrita.
Earlier, she was seen in a full-fledged role in ‘Humko Ishq Ne Maara’.
Amrita, mother of a five-year-old son, gives credit to her husband for her showbiz journey.
"I had an arranged marriage, but my husband is very supportive and he is the one who encourages me. I am really thankful to him," she said.
The film will go on the floors in June first week and will be shot in Rajasthan.
Shri Maruddhara Films Pvt. Ltd. will be presenting the film, scheduled to release in December 2013. Kalyan Seervi will direct the film and he will also co-produce it with Suraj Bishnoi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vidya Balan's 'Tumhari Sulu' will show her naughty side!
- Akshay Kumar's 'Padman' to show Radhika Apte in a nagging wife's role?
- I have over-sensitivity issues, besides family only Karan Johar can understand me: Shah Rukh Khan
- Shahid Kapoor's LATEST PIC will surely leave you gasping for air!
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘partner in crime’ Twinkle Khanna posts HILARIOUS video to celebrate 16 years of marriage – WATCH
- Bigg Boss 10: Marriage REAL, says Monalisa’s boyfriend Vikrant Singh Rajpoot
- Sunil Grover does a ‘Raees’ a la Shah Rukh Khan! See PICS
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa, boyfriend Vikrant Singh Rajpoot’s marriage ceremony to be held inside the house?
- Bigg Boss 10: Is this the special clause in Rohan Mehra’s contract?
- Priyanka Chopra talks about men in India and abroad on ‘Koffee With Karan’