Usher quits `The Voice` for his kids?
Los Angeles: Singer-songwriter Usher Raymond IV has reportedly left reality TV music show ‘The Voice USA’ for his children because he no longer trusts anyone to look after them.
The 34-year-old, who secured full custody of his sons, five-year-old Usher V and Naviyd, four, after a lengthy battle with his ex-wife Tamika Foster, said he no longer trusts anyone else with his kids after their former nanny, Cecilia Duncan, filed a lawsuit against him, claiming she was unfairly fired for asking for overtime pay.
"He`s at the point where he doesn`t trust anyone to take care of his boys. Besides, he didn`t fight so hard for custody just to hand them over to a nanny," contactmusic.com quoted a source as saying.
His fellow judges Blake Shelton and Adam Levine have tried to convince him to stay on the show, insisting that celebrities are always in the firing line for people who use stars for their stack of cash.
"Blake told him that stars are always targets for people who think they can treat celebrities like cash registers. But Usher is really steamed about this lawsuit. He believes he`s always been generous to people who work for him. If he has to leave `The Voice` to free up more time to be with his kids, he`s ready to do it," the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra wishes to grow up like her grandmother
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan gets miffed with paparazzi for hurting daughter Aaradhya – Watch video
- Sweet! Is this how Ranbir Kapoor trying to win Katrina Kaif back?
- Maharashtra Governor applauds Juhi Chawla, Shabana Azmi's 'Chalk N Duster'
- Shah Rukh Khan fined Rs 1.93 lakh for illegal ramp outside 'Mannat'