Victoria Beckham quits Spice Girls, TV show to find replacement?
London: A television show to find a new Spice Girl is reportedly in works after singer-turned-fashion designer Victoria Beckham is said to have refused to join the group on a tour.
Beckham, also known as Posh Spice, has said she will never sing with the Spice Girls again. The remaining members of the band - Geri Halliwell, Emma Bunton, Melanie Chisholm and Melanie Brown - have now begun talks with TV producers to create a reality show.
The show, thought to be called `Wannabe Spice`, will be led by Halliwell. Any current or former singers can apply, as well as unknowns, reported Digital Spy.
"Victoria will not be performing with the Spice Girls again. She has nothing but love and respect for all of the girls and the journey they went on together. Now though, her focus is firmly on her family and her fashion business.
"The girls, particularly Geri, all think there is so much more that they can achieve, and they know that their fans still want to see them perform. In an ideal world Victoria would be part of their plan, but she just won`t budge. She sees her future in the fashion industry so they have had to come up with another scenario," a source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- TV actors don't have luxury to choose quality stuff: Ashmit Patel
- Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'
- 'Dance+' season two: 14-year-old Tanay Malhara takes home the trophy
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside
- 'Pretty Little Liars' creator teases fans with finale spoilers