Vijay Singh wins Mallika Sherawat`s heart
Mumbai: Bollywood actress Mallika Sherawat’s search of a soulmate came to an end Friday with small town boy Vijay Singh emerging as the winner of `The Bachelorette India - Mere Khayalon Ki Mallika`.
"From now on I will always be there for you, I will do whatever I can to keep you happy,” said Vijay, a Dharamsala-based model, after Mallika chose him as the king of her heart on the finale episode of the TV show.
Vijay, 24, pipped Karan Sagoo, an NRI restaurant owner from London, to woo Mallika, who is over 10 years older to him.
In the final round of wooing the internationally known Bollywood actress, they performed different acts. While Karan performed on `Teri jhuki nazar`, Vijay did a romantic act on `Tere naina`. Even Mallika took to the stage and danced with the finalists on the soothing number `Raabta`.
After announcing Vijay as the winner of the show, Mallika said of her choice: “I have known Vijay only in front of the camera but I want to know him without the cameras now."
Mallika, known for films like `Murder` and `Hisss`, seemed confident of her choice. When the show, hosted by actor Rohit Roy, had begun, Mallika had clarified that she was only looking for a companion via the show and that she was not promising to settle down with the man she chooses finally.
`The Bachelorette India - Mere Khayalon Ki Mallika` started five weeks ago. Based on the internationally popular format of `The Bachelor`, the show focused on finding a match for the actress from among 30 contestants, who came from different parts of the country and abroad.
For the finale, the tall and fit Mallika was dressed in traditional wear. She looked vibrant in a purple lehenga choli by popular fashion designer Anita Dongre. Several celebrity guests including Pooja Gor, Aman Verma, Hiten Tejwani, Vishwajeet Pradhan, Viraf Patel, Sana Seikh and Sukriti Kandpal marked their presence for it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Hrithik Roshan to launch his own workout regime
- Rani Mukerji to make comeback with women centric film 'Hichki'
- Koffee With Karan: Check out Kapil Sharma's interesting advice to Twitterati
- Hugh Jackman breaks 'Wolverine Fast' on Jimmy Fallon's show
- Anupam Kher wraps shooting for 'The Indian Detective' in Cape Town
- Rishi Kapoor wants 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' back on air
- Sasural Simar Ka: Dipika Kakar out, Keerti Gaekwad Kelkar in