Vijender Singh to be part of `Roadies X`
New Delhi: Indian boxer Vijender Singh, who won a bronze in the Beijing Olympics, will be part of 10th season of adventure reality show "Roadies".
The 27-year-old, who appeared in "Roadies 8" in 2009 for an episode, liked his experience so much that he decided to be part of the upcoming season.
" `Roadies` is the platform that represents youth and youth likes it. I like `Roadies`. In 2009, I was with them for a task and that was a good experience. People liked me and wanted to see me, so I am coming to the show," Vijender told IANS.
He was speaking on the sidelines of an event to launch "MTV Hero Roadies X - Battle For Glory" Friday.
Asked if television would distract him from his main goal of boxing, he said: "I don`t think so. It`s my life and I want to do different things. I have done so many things. My job is to be in sports, but it does not mean that I cannot do anything else."
He will help the "Roadies" team during auditioning in the capital. However, he refused to reveal his larger role in the show that comes on MTV.
Delhi auditions will take place Nov 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shraddha Kapoor breaks the style code in latest Harper's Bazaar cover! – See pic
- Monsoon getaway: Bigg Boss contestant Mandana Karimi rocks in white while holidaying in Goa- See pic
- Monsoon trouble for shoes? Best tips to save your footwear this rainy season
- 'Rustom': The re-invention of Akshay Kumar
- Milkha Singh launches 'Read India' initiative
- Sudden death on the sets of 'Taarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashma' shocks cast, crew
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan on 'Comedy Nights LIVE'! Click for pic
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show
- Say Whaaat! Winners of Sunny Leone, Rannvijay Singha's 'Splitsvilla 9' already decided?
- Attention TV lovers, we have a good news for 'Sarabhai vs Sarabhai' fans! - Read more