Wasn`t easy to stay in `Big Boss` house with Rajev: Delnaaz
Mumbai: Television and film actress Delnaaz Irani, who got evicted from the `Big Boss` house yesterday, says it was not easy for her to stay in the house with her ex-husband Rajev Paul.
Delnaaz and Rajev ended their 14-year-marriage last year although they were living separately since 2010.
Both Delnaaz and Rajev were contestants in the sixth edition of reality show `Bigg Boss`. They stayed under the same roof for close to 93 days.
"It was not at all easy for me to stay in the same house and face him every day... As we were not in touch. We both were put in difficult situations. At times it was unnerving," Delnaaz told reporters.
During the initial days of the show, Rajev did try to woo Delnaaz to come back in his life. "I think the show did give some hopes to Rajev. From my end it was a close. I was clear that this is not going to another level," Delnaaz said.
The former couple grabbed the attention of the audience when Rajev tried to mend things with Delnaaz. The family members of Delnaaz including her brother and mother were not too happy with Rajev`s presence in the house and even his brother leveled allegations against Delnaaz, during their appearance on the show.
When asked if she felt that the makers were cashing on their failed marriage, Delnaaz said, "No... I don`t think it was that way. In fact, before the show came up, we both were not on talking terms. But today at least after the show I think we would share a cordial relation but that does not mean we would catch up and meet regularly."
The actress says her eviction from the show last night came as a surprise.
"I am shocked that I am out of the show. This is not what I had expected. I don`t know what went wrong. All this is shocking for sure," she said.
But Delnaaz says being part of the show was a good experience.
"I came just to get an experience of how a show of this stature would be like. My brother and sister-in-law were part of the show and I thought it will be a different experience, hence I grabbed this opportunity," she said.
"I am happy to be a part of this show. It was a wonderful experience. I think I came out as a stronger person. It was a lifetime experience," she added.
Delnaaz feels TV actress Urvashi Dholakia stands a chance of winning `Bigg Boss 6`. The finale of the show will be held on January 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Varun Dhawan, John Abraham came to Jacqueline Fernandez's rescue—Full story inside
- Sidharth Malhotra chills like a boss! See pic
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut legal tussle: Everything will come out soon, says actor
- Ajay Devgn to star in Rohit Shetty's 'Golmaal 4'! Details inside
- This Shiva temple in Pune built by Peshwa Nanasaheb is unique – Details inside
- Terence Lewis to financially help TV show contestants
- Have learnt a lot from Govinda: Kapil Sharma
- Oops! No 'Sultan' promotions by Salman Khan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' - Here's why
- Nana Patekar to soon introduce Anil Kapoor's '24' season 2!
- Superhero 'Captain Vyom' to be relaunched on digital platform