When Aamina Sheikh was smitten by Shabana Azmi’s presence
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Aamina Sheikh’s portrayal of the sacrificing Aiman of Zindagi’s ‘Maat’ has won her an ocean of fan following in the country.
The actress from across the border, who will soon appear in ‘Ishq Ghumshuda’ was apparently elated to see Shabana Azmi attending the 1st Sindh International Film Festival in Karachi.
Expressing her excitement, Aamina said, “I had the privilege of meeting Shabana Azmi in Karachi at the 1st Sindh International Film Festival where both my films 'Seedlings' (aka 'Lamha') and 'Josh' were screened. I came to know that Shabana Jee made it a point to watch both the films in its entirety and had very generous things to say. I was present at the Q&A session of the film 'Josh' at the end of which Shabana Azmi emerged from the audience. I was absolutely thrilled to see her and was smitten by her presence. She had the most wonderful, enthusiastic and encouraging things to say about the film, performances and the festival both to me as well as the press. I feel very honored and humbled that an actor of Shabana Azmi's stature who we look up to and are constantly inspired by, acknowledged us to such an extent”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vidya Balan to play 'Begum Jaan' in Mahesh Bhatt's next!
- South actress Devayani will star with Jr NTR in 'Janath Garage'!
- It's awesome! 'The Jungle Book' trailer will sweep fans off their feet-- Watch
- Why Shahid Kapoor requested Karan Johar to call former ladylove Kareena Kapoor
- Sonu Sood's father dies of cardiac arrest at 77
- Woho! Kapil Sharma to be back with new show
- Salman Khan’s surprise visit stuns Katrina Kaif, ‘Comedy Nights LIVE’ team – Watch
- Miley Cyrus tapped as 'key adviser' for 'The Voice'
- When Salman Khan visited Katrina Kaif on the sets of ‘Comedy Nights LIVE’
- Krushna Abhishek breaks his silence on replacing Kapil Sharma