Wisin & Yandel on the hunt for the best voice in Mexico
Mexico City: Puerto Rico reggaeton duo Wisin & Yandel are the first entertainers to be confirmed as judges for the third edition of the singing competition reality show `La Voz` (The Voice), the Televisa network said in a communique.
"These great superstars of urban music will offer their experience and talent to the contestants," said the document.
The Puerto Rican duo will occupy one of slots on the judging panel - to be held by two people for the first time - in the contest, and they will have to select a team of singers and then train them to find the country`s best singing voice.
With 14 years of experience as a duo, Televisa said, Wisin & Yandel have set a record for the largest number of singles - 11 - to have made it to No. 1 on the Billboard list.
They have also won a Grammy and two Latin Grammys.
`La Voz` is the Mexican adaptation of the Dutch show `The Voice`, which has been expanded into several other countries, including the US.
In prior seasons, artists such as Alejandro Sanz, Paulina Rubio, Miguel Bose and Aleks Syntek have worked to discover Mexico`s best singers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India feels like home: Fawad Khan
- Ban on women's entry in some temples unfair: Vidya Balan
- Bollywood film 'Neerja' banned in Pakistan
- Salman hit and run case: Victim's family challenge Salman Khan's acquittal
- Fawad Khan, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt's unmissable family drama in 'Kapoor & Sons' trailer – Watch