Wisin & Yandel on the hunt for the best voice in Mexico
Mexico City: Puerto Rico reggaeton duo Wisin & Yandel are the first entertainers to be confirmed as judges for the third edition of the singing competition reality show `La Voz` (The Voice), the Televisa network said in a communique.
"These great superstars of urban music will offer their experience and talent to the contestants," said the document.
The Puerto Rican duo will occupy one of slots on the judging panel - to be held by two people for the first time - in the contest, and they will have to select a team of singers and then train them to find the country`s best singing voice.
With 14 years of experience as a duo, Televisa said, Wisin & Yandel have set a record for the largest number of singles - 11 - to have made it to No. 1 on the Billboard list.
They have also won a Grammy and two Latin Grammys.
`La Voz` is the Mexican adaptation of the Dutch show `The Voice`, which has been expanded into several other countries, including the US.
In prior seasons, artists such as Alejandro Sanz, Paulina Rubio, Miguel Bose and Aleks Syntek have worked to discover Mexico`s best singers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha collaborates with all-female production in New York
- Grateful to amazing people who made ‘Neerja' happen: Producer
- Riteish Deshmukh tweets an important life lesson on Shivaji Jayanti!
- Ashish Kaul appointed CEO of Prakash Jha Productions
- Rajkummar Rao's presence in Hansal Mehta's life has been 'transformative'
- Want Alia Bhatt to sing in reality shows, says Varun Dhawan
- Karan Johar's 'Koffee with Karan 5': All you need to know about season finale
- Shah Rukh Khan invited to star guest on season two of 'Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency'
- Roadies: Karan Kundrra loses his cool, slaps a contestant
- 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for two more seasons