Wisin & Yandel on the hunt for the best voice in Mexico
Mexico City: Puerto Rico reggaeton duo Wisin & Yandel are the first entertainers to be confirmed as judges for the third edition of the singing competition reality show `La Voz` (The Voice), the Televisa network said in a communique.
"These great superstars of urban music will offer their experience and talent to the contestants," said the document.
The Puerto Rican duo will occupy one of slots on the judging panel - to be held by two people for the first time - in the contest, and they will have to select a team of singers and then train them to find the country`s best singing voice.
With 14 years of experience as a duo, Televisa said, Wisin & Yandel have set a record for the largest number of singles - 11 - to have made it to No. 1 on the Billboard list.
They have also won a Grammy and two Latin Grammys.
`La Voz` is the Mexican adaptation of the Dutch show `The Voice`, which has been expanded into several other countries, including the US.
In prior seasons, artists such as Alejandro Sanz, Paulina Rubio, Miguel Bose and Aleks Syntek have worked to discover Mexico`s best singers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan, Kangana Ranaut meet Narendra Modi over dinner
- Direction, production no more male-dominated: Javed Akhtar
- Akshay Kumar, Vidyut Jamwal to team up for Ahmed Khan's next?
- Bollywood is smitten with love bug, wishes a great Valentine's Day!
- Great to see people value healthy lifestyle: Sonam Kapoor
- Oops! Kapil Sharma's show to clash with Krushna Abhishek's 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Salman Khan will host ‘Bigg Boss’ season 10 – There’s something new in store
- Gautam Rode approached for 'Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat'
- Sonali Kulkarni excited about cameo on TV
- Like a boss! Prince Narula is back in the game